Episode 6: Repo Mantis

Theme song; opening sequence

3rd pov

Episode begins with Don and Mikey opening the trunk of a car. They are in a junkyard.

"Man, junkyards are gold mines!" Donnie says. He begins digging through the trunk of the car with his hands and battle shell legs. He finds a pineapple air freshener and sniffs it and says,, "Who needs real pineapples when you have one of these babies?" A hauge magnet in background lifts a car, drawing Mikey's attention.

Mikey says, "Donnie! Donnie! Donnie! I really think we should ..." he points upwards, trying to get Don's attention. "Ah, fuzzy nerd dice!" Donnie says. "Donnie!" Mikey says. A car hangs above them for a second and then drops. They jump aside, grunting with the impact.

The pair bounce down the pile of cars they were on top of and then land inside a car. "Mikey, next time, I would appreciate a heads-up." Donnie says.

Mikey says, "Okay. Heads up!" Mikey was looking into the rearview window, they see wrecker pulling a vehicle behind it. "Is that . . ." He says. Donnie gasps and says, "It is!" "The Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy!" Mikey says. "Featured in not one, not two," don says as the screen flips through several images of Jupiter Jim movies, "but sixty sequels of "Jupiter Jim's Last Trip to the Moon". Ah, ha!" A wrecker arm swings and releases the buggy, which rolls over and lands upright on its wheels. "How could anybody let that historical gem slip through their fingers?" Mikey asks.

Don says, "I do not know, Michael, but we've got to have it." The brothers begin running through the junkyard, heading for the buggy. "But how are we gonna get the car? We can't go and talk to one of those human people." Mikey asks/says.

There is a loud crash and the car they are hiding behind is lifted into the air.

Music plays as mutated praying mantis holds the car up overhead.

Repo mantis asks them, "Who the heck are youse?" He was looking down at Mikey and Don who are lying on the ground. Don says, "Oh, no, a mutant! Wait, we're mutants too. It's okay." "Dude, you better hide. There's a human guy around here." Mikey says. Repo says, "Easy, easy." Repo tosses the car behind him and say, "This is Repo Mantis Salvage. The guy is me.""This is your lot?" Mikey leaps up, clasps his hands together in a begging motion and says, "You have to sell us that moon buggy! Please! Ah!"

Donnie grabs Mikey's shell and pulls him back. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Cool your scramjets, buddy. This is a negotiation. We gotta play it smooth." Donnie says.

They put on sunglass as bold percussive music plays.

Mikey walks along the side of the buggy, running his fingers along it.

Switches to Don, who trails a finger along the other side and then rubs his fingers together before leaning back against a tire.

Done asks, "So, uh, how much you gonna pay us to take this pile of parts off your hands, amigo?" "Scram. I got a lot of fenders to count." Repo says. Donnie says, "I see you drive a hard bargain, sir. Well, perhaps I can interest you," he holds up wallet and says, "in a little coin." He opens his wallet to reveal a coupon for ice cream and some coins. "I've got big silver, small silver, and I can make it rain copper, daddy." Donnie says. He drops two handfuls of pennies.

Repo says/asks, "Hey, you ain't got nearly enough, but say, I could use a couple of tough muties like you. Ever do any repo work?"

"Of course!" Mikey says as he lowers his sunglasses. "No. What's repo work?" Mikey asks. "It's when you take stuff back" Repo says as he slices off the mirror from a car with his claw, "from deadbeats who didn't pay for it. Do a job for me today, and I'll let you have that moon buggy thing." Mikey says,, "We're in." He leaps towards Repo. "And...sidebar." Don says as he grabs Mikey's shell again and yanks him back. "Look, Mikey, repo men have to be mean, and I don't know if you know this, but you're kind of a softie." Mikey says, "That really hurts my feelings! Oh, you have a point. But I can do this. Hard as nails. Grr." He turns back to Repo and says, "We're in. What's the skinny, chico?"