Episode 13: The Gumbus

My Pov

A storm rumbled as Mikey is in his pillow fort, watching something on Donnie's tablet. Stockboy asks/said on the video, "Hello? Is someone there? It's the Gumbus!" Mikey screams and drops the tablet. The pillow fort collapsed on him. 

The tablet was then picked up by Leo.  "What'cha watching, Miguel?"  Leo asks. 

Mikey pops out of the pillows and says, "Ohmigosh, ohmigosh! I was just watching my favorite can stacking channel." "Can stacking. Okay." I said.  Mikey says, "It's a thing. There's the one supermarket stock boy. He builds forts, towers, national monuments." 

"Yeah, I see his channel has a like." Leo said.  Mikey says, "I would like it twice if I could. Anyway he's at the store after hours and..you gotta see it."  He scrolls down and presses a video called The Gumbus. In the video, it shows a boy named Baxter. 

Stockboy says on the video, "And now I shall complete the most difficult stack of all. Only completed by one other stockboy. The Lady Liberty Sta-" A crash sound was heard on the video, "Hello? Is someone there?" He asks, the boy looked around but there was no one here.  A can rolled by, making the boy scream. 

Something is lurking in the dark, something scary and ghostly. Then something grabbed him. He screamed and looked at the camera one last time.  Stockboy says, "It's the Gumbus!" video ends and says, "Be sure to subscribe and donate." 

"What's a Gumbus?" I asked. Mikey says, "It's a ghost that haunts the Stock N Shop." "Pfft. There's gotta be a simple answer. Earthquakes, magnets, giant prankster mice. There's no such thing as ghosts." My boyfriend/Leo said. He was holding my hand.  Mikey asks/said, "What? How can you say there's no such thing as ghosts when there's no such a thing as us? The Gumbus is real!" 

"Only one way to settle this heated debate. We head up to the Stock N Shop and tamper with the mysterious forces of the underworld." I said. Mikey says,  "I'm fine, Just getting the pants scared off of me and my pillow fort." Leo says, "Oh no. Kaya's right. I'm gonna prove to you there's no such thing as a Gumbus." He drags Mikey. I follow him. Mikey says, "Leo, no ,I don't want to go." "Yeah! Ghost hunting!" April said. 

From Stock N Shop, April, Me and the two turtles enter from the vent. Mikey held a vacuum cleaner. 

Leo asks Mikey, "Mikey, why do you have that thing?" Mikey says, "To suck up the ghost. It's lined with tin foil to keep him in."  "Guys, check this out. This place is like Christmas morning for food." I said. Mikey says, "This place is creepy." April says, "Creepy or awesome! Answer. Both." 

Clatter sounds were heard. Mikey asks, "What was that?" Leo asks, "What?" Mikey says, "I heard something." They look, only to find a train model. 

Leo says, "A model train. Simple answer." Mikey asks annoyed, "What kind of sicko puts a model train in a grocery store?" "Focus guys." I said. "We came here to see a ghost, and a ghost we shall see." April said. Mikey whimpered as he looked around the scary things. 

He backed away until he bumped into someone. Mikey says, "Ghost!" He sucks up the object, only to realize that it was just Leo/my boyfriend. Leo says muffled, "Hey, I'm not a ghost!" Mikey says, "And now we know for sure." "What's the hold up, guys?" I asks.  Leo says, "I don't know babe, ask Mikey." 

Mikey says,  "I feel like somebody's watching us."  "Me too. Isn't it great?" April said/asks

Leo says, "You two are nuts. The only people here are the Four of us." Leo was holding my hand  Suddenly, a mop hits Leo, Mikey screams and wraps around April who was laughing. 

Mikey says, "The Gumbus got Leo! Leo says/asks, "There's no such thing as a Gumbus. You? What's the big idea?" Baxter says/asks, "I'm sorry! I thought you were the Gumbus. Wait, are you turtles?" Mikey says, "We're not into labels. All that matters is that we're huge fans of your haunting videos." "Always great to meet my fans-in any form. Did you subscribe and donate?" Baxter says/asks.