Episode 10: Newsworthy

3rd Pov

Starts with a black screen, then the wavy lines of a viewing screen being turned on.

Warren Stone says, "Let me start at the beginning. I first met the turtles," A picture of the turtles fighting a robot, "In a battle that raged on for hours." Video of the battle plays. "Since that first battle, I knew . . . . " still showing video of the battle against a large robot, "That's not me, I'm over there." He says.

Playback whirs, camera shifts to Warren sitting atop a railcar.

Warren says, "Prepare to taste the awesome wrath of my incredible...." He squeaks as Donatello lands on top of him and squashes him.

Video ends and shifts to a new one, where the turtles are battling living bowling pins in a bowling alley. Warren stands in the foreground of the screen.

Warren says, "I knew after this first fantastical battle we would meet again. " Bowling pin lands on him. Video shifts. "And again." Warren stands on top of a building and a soccer ball lands on him. The turtles run across the top of the building.

Warren says, "For I am Warren Stone, former number one news anchor," A picture shifts to the image of battered Warren, standing in front of large letters spelling his name. Shifts to one of him holding an award statue as confetti rains down, "and the greatest foe of," Warren standing on the faucet of a bathroom sink, kissing the mirror image of himself. "the Teenage Mutant Loser Turtles." he says.

Playback stops and Warren jumps in front of television screen. Oozesquito flies past his award, which is sitting on a kitchen counter. Video recorder on a stand is facing Warren.

Warren says, "Ha-ha! Uh . . . mm?" He looks at his watch, "Ooh, I'm late." He leaps onto counter and presses button on remote. TV comes on, showing a news broadcast.

Carly says, "I am Carly Balmaceda filling in for the completely forgotten Warren Stone. The search for missing hypnotist, Mezmer-Ron, and his hippopotamus, Doug, continues. In unrelated news, a monster hippo in a magician's tuxedo is terrorizing local magicians, and stealing their trick animals. And with no animals, there's no magic."

Onscreen image of people sobbing in front of a closed magic theatre.

Warren says, "News flash, those wannabe hero turtles will be hot on that mutant hippo's trail, which will make setting a trap for them so easy." He realizes camera has moved, "Hmm?" He asks as he moves back in front of it. "With their destruction coming at my hands, I won't be reporting the news, I'll be the news."

Suspenseful music plays. Nighttime. Large being whirls in midair and then lands on a ladder attached to a building. Weight causes the ladder to fall. Being cries out and grunts. Jumps up again, looks around, and then leaps on top of another building. Moves towards screen and stomps foot.

Suddenly it's clear that it's someone in a hippo costume. Struggles to remove head and when it finally comes off, reveals that it's Raph inside.

Raph asks, "You sure that evil mutant hippo is around here?" His brothers join him, "It's a million degrees in this thing." he said. Mikey Jumps up to stick his head into the hippo head, "Um, I'd be happy to wear it, if you need a break." He said. Raph says, "No, no." He starts pulling on the head. "No, no, no, no. I'm the leader." He gets the head back, "The leader wears the suit." He said. Leo says, "Well, I mean, he's got a point. Raph is the most hippo-like." All the turtles chuckle. "I need a little more of that female hippo scent." Raph said.

Romantic music plays as Don displays a perfume atomizer shaped like a female hippo. Don presses the bulb, which sends a hippo shaped mist towards Raph. It hits his face with the sound of a kiss, forms a heart, and then dissipates. Raph blushes. Raph says, "Jazzy fresh."