𝐭𝐞𝐧 ⚘

"This is so fucking annoying!" Na-yeon complained while going to sit down after her little 'fight' with Gyeong-su. Everyone else only continued to block the doors and windows.

"Su-hyeok?" On-jo called out. That's when I realized, Su-hyeok wasn't here with us.

"Hey, where's Su-hyeok?" I asked while looking around the room, trying to hide the panic rising inside of me.

"You were with him right?" On-jo asked Cheong-san, a worried face written over her.

"He was behind me.." Cheong-san began to say before On-jo interrupted.

"Then where is he now?" Cheong-san only stayed quiet.

"I don't know." He responded with after a minute of silence.

-

I sat down on the floor in a corner. I began to think. Think about Su-hyeok, where he could've gone to. How he could survive all those monsters in our school. Think about my brother, Gwi-nam. How I knew he'd be able to escape them. He was the reason I've really been surviving all this time, all the times he showed me how to defend myself.

I tightened the grip I had on the knife I had found from the cafeteria. There was blood all over it. I was going to get up and walk over to Nam-ra to see how she was doing before a loud screeching took over the whole school. I instantly dropped my knife and placed my hands over my ears, sliding down the wall behind me to be back on the floor again.

"Students and teachers of Hyosan High School." A female voice began to say, it wasn't just any voice though, it was Mrs. Park.

"I'm Park Sun-hwa, the English teacher." she continued as we all looked over to the speaker on the wall where the voice was coming from.

"Something strange is happening throughout the school. Some students are attacking others indiscriminately. So please flee and find a safe place. And if any student or faculty hears this and is able to, please call the police and the fire department. Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out the school, please get out. I'll say it again, some students are.."

She paused for a minute, her sobs being heard through the school speakers. A tear rolled down my eye as the reality of the situation that we were in kicked in.

"Hey everyone.." She began again, stuttering slightly.

"You're okay right? You're not hurt? I don't know what's going on in here or how this whole thing happened but.. still find a safe place and hide. I'm sorry.. I can't help. Don't get hurt okay? Please, let's stay alive and meet again. Okay?"

I wiped away my tears before more began to spill out. I couldn't be sad, I needed to focus more on the situation at hand before letting my emotions get ahold of me. What Mrs. Park said only gave me more motivation to be able to survive, to find Su-hyeok, to find Gwi-nam, to just get out of here.

-