II

Chapter two: One song, two boys

Read while listening to Letter To My 13 Year Old Self by Laufey

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

My cheeks are flushed while the sun colored the rest of my body. A cool breeze making shivers run down my spine.

I really like it.

The mint ice cream melting on my tongue, how my flesh was burning, the soft murmur of the people around me talking.

"Moon, a hole of light" I hum the song that is playing through my headphones.

I don't know why, but i keet thinking about that brunette boy. We never really talked. Nevertheless I feel so curious and I am expecting to meet him this night too.

I could try to start a conversation, even though I'm not very good with words.

"Oh no" A little pout makes its way through my lips as soon as I see my greenish ice cream on the floor.

I got really distracted while thinking of that boy.

I wish I could just go to the beach and plop on the stand, hearing the waves crashing against the floor, bringing with them some shells. The salty hair opening my lungs, the moon peeking through the end of the sky while the sun is still up.

No responsibilities; no thoughts. Just me, the beach, the moon and, of course, that brunette boy whose eyes shone under the moon rays.

That'd be nice.

So I walk around for some hours, just listening to some music, smelling the difference scents of each grocery store, stopping by some restaurants to look at the menus.

I help an old lady with her bags, and carried them until we both reach the female's house. She squeezes my cheeks and thanks me, giving me a couple of dumplings and an iced coffee.

She was so sweet. It reminded me of some cotton candy.

When I leave the lady, the sky is starting to change colors. Orange is melting on top of the dark blue, and together they bath the whole place. Even the sea reflects the beauty of it.

Stars start taking off their mantle, shining so brightly, almost stealing the moon's place. But all of them know that that is impossible.

In my eyes the moon is useless, not being able to create its own light. In my eyes the moon is ugly, with all of this imperfections and craters.

But the sun...Oh, the sun. The sun is just majestic.

Without even noticing, his feet have taken me to the beach to the exact same spot were I've met the squirrel-like male.

And, to my surprise, there he is, sitting on the sand with his knees being held by his arms. His chin resting on top of his hands. Those big almond eyes were fixated on the moon, that make him look just not real.

He has his headphones on and his feet are completely buried in the sand.

I repeat yesterday actions and approach the brunette, sitting by his side silently, waiting to be greeted by a confused stare. But to my surprise, that does not happen.

It didn't happen yesterday either.

The male's eyes remain calm, even welcoming at some point, and I'm was very glad. I don't want to be mistaken by a stalker or some sort.

We stay like that for a couple of minutes, just staring at each other gazes, until the brunette tears his eyes off and takes one of his earbuds with his fingers.

I can feel how my hands start to sweat out of nowhere, being too nervous to talk to the latest boy,.

But that doesn't happen.

When I look down I could distinguish through the darkness of the night my partner's hand. On his palm rests one of his earbuds.

I take it without hesitation, not believing the song that is about to start.

I smile and look at the moon once more.

'Moon, a hole of light

Through the big top tent up high

Here before and after me

Shinin' down on me

Moon, tell me if I could

Send up my heart to you?

So, when I die, which I must do

Could it shine down here with you?'

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

hope you liked it <3