VIII

Chapter eight: Shut Up

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

My head is pressed against the old headboard of the, surprisingly, really comfy bed.

Jisung's head was hanging off the edge of the mattress, his back facing downard.

Such a weird position.

"Why can't I know your name? You know mine!" he keeps complaining. It's been like this for like five or eight minutes, im not sure, but I'm certain that he's annoying as fuck.

"Because" I start the phrase, knowing damn well that I won't finish it.

I hear his exasperated sigh and an instant smile is plastered on my lips.

"You're so mean!" he squeaks loudly, throwing a little tantrum, kicking his feet like a toddler.

"And you're so childish" I whisper, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not!" he yells angrily, straightening his back and locking his star gaze with mine.

"Oh, but you are"

Teasing him is quite amusing. Watching the way he takes air and keeps it in his cheeks just to puff it out later with an annoyed grimace it's extremely entertaining.

He opens his mouth to say something, but, suddenly, his stomach growls loudly, echoing through the apartments walls.

His cheeks grow red and I bite my lips, suppressing some giggles that threaten to escape from between them.

"I...uh- Aren't you hungry? Let's eat!" the brunette boy- apparently named Jisung- tries to hide the fact that his body has betray him.

Stupid .

"Sure" I reply.

I try to keep my cool for him. I don't want the poor boy to feel even more embarrassed.

"I think I have some instant noodles in the kitchen" He murmurs as he gesta up from bed, making the it cry with every movement.

I follow him silently, my eyes following his body frame that moves swiftly in the room. He takes out a pot, pours some water that's inside a huge bottle of water, and gathers some wood.

"Wood?" The question leaves my lips before I even have time to process it.

"Mhm" he nods and smiles, taking out of his pocket a little red lighter. "There's no electricity here, so we'll have to heat the water with fire"

My eyes widen.

"Do you always do that?" I ask, startled.

"Yeah!"

After some failed attempts, he finally gets to light the fire, a proud giggle dancing through the air.

☆》

When we finish our food Jisung gets up picks up my plate and his own, putting them in the sink and leaving them there.

Te rain is still very present, wetting the windows and making the atmosphere pretty heavy.

"Um" I hear the squirrel-like boy clear his throat softly, putting a stray bang behind his ear. "So..., the other day" he starts and, by the way his hesitating and shifting his position, I know that he's referring to that night where I could not sleep.

Please don't ask. Please, Jisung, I'm begging.

"I really don't wanna be noisy, I promise, but I'd like to know if something is bothering you...Maybe I can help. Talking things out-"

"I don't want to talk about it" I say. My voice comes off as strong and determined, although I can feel my insides trembling like a traumatized puppy surrounded by humans.

"But talking helps a lot-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it. You're a stranger, not my friend"

Fuck, shut up, Minho.

Silence falls upon us when those words fly out of my mouth, and I look at the brunette, taking a glimpse of how his eyes start to water. He blinks rapidly, averting his eyes from me to his hands.

"Maybe that's why you can't sleep: because you think you're not prepared to talk about it, so you just overthink and keep everything inside" He whispers.

What's wrong with this boy?

"So you're saying I'm a coward?" I ironically ask, rolling my eyes.

His words have hit me hard  like punch in the stomach.

"Yes."

My eyes lock with his almond orbs.

"You don't know me"

"I don't need to know you to understand that you're just hurting and scared"

I hate this. I hate that he's right. I hate myself. I hate the way my eyes are starting to moisturize.

"You know nothing"

And, with that, I do what I always do. I run and get out of that house like the coward I am.

He knows nothing.

☆° . * • °

Pretty intense and I hate it sm.

What do you think of minho? I'm super curious.