III

Chapter 3: It's chilly

Chapter 3: It's chilly. You make me feel warm.

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

I wake up slowly. My body is aching with every movement that I make, but I'm okay with it, really.

I'm just too used to it.

I peek through my window taking a glimpse of the waves hitting the shore, warm foam mixed with some shells and sand stays there as a proof that the water has just been there.

When they break, a song is created and I can't help but picture that boy in my head again. His cheeks are so beautiful, I like the mole that decorates one of them.

With a tired sigh I get into my bathroom, smelling the lavender scent that my mom buys, and getting in the shower. The cold water hits my skin and I shiver, crating fits with my hands.

I keep it that way because I like how my body replies to the low temperature of the liquid.

Once I've finished I get out and tie a towel around my waist, breathing heavily. Small drops of water hit the floor while I walk, but I really don't care. It's not like I'm going to stay here.

Putting on some black jeans and a white t-shirt—i don't like dressing up, my outfits are always very simple—i get out of that room, closing that door behind me, knowing damn well that I won't be sleeping tonight either.

Walking downstairs I start to hear the faint clicking between cups and other kitchen utensils.

Mom's making breakfast for sure, so I just steal a stray red apple that is on top of the counter, taking advantage of the fact that she isn't looking at me, and silently get out of the house.

She won't call me or text me, and I'm fine with it. Dad won't either.

Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining brightly in the middle of the blue sky, surrounded by some white clouds. Some birds are chirping happily, creating some melodies that I won't try to catch.

Felix would like it. He'd say something like 'What a good day to buy an ice cream', and then he'd run off to a random grocery store and buy something really cold.

My feet move on their own and I don't try to stop them. The breeze is messing up blonde hair and I try to fix it, not really caring that much to stop and look at my reflection in my phone's camera.

My life is so boring and depressive.

I really don't care.

Once again I find myself sitting right on the spot where I met the brunette male, and I look at the sky. Why does the salty air taste so good? I like it.

I stay there for some hours, just watching families and friends taking baths and playing around. Some lovers kiss, some families hug each other, some friends laugh. Some loners bring their dog with them.

Cats are better.

When the moon starts peeking through the sky, and the sun is saying goodbye to their lover, is when I realize that is the squirrel-like boy whose approaching me now, not the other way around.

He sits by my side not saying a word, just huffing a bit.

Closing my eyes, I let my head fall back.

The summer air ruffles my bangs. I'm tired of trying to organize them, so this time I don't even make the effort.

"Is your hair really blonde?" I hear.

His voice is quite soft and melodic, like when the waves crush against the shore.

I shrug and open my eyes, tilting my head a bit to stare at him. His doe orbs are very pretty, and I see the moon being reflected my them.

"Maybe" I answered in a whisper. The breeze takes away my words and the moon keeps them.

I watch how he roll his eyes, a bit amused.

"It suits you" he states.

I nod, not really knowing how to reply to that comment.

Is he flirting? Or just complementing me?

Either way I just nod. I'm not good with expressing myself with words, but then again, I don't really care.

"It's a bit chilly today" he says and I nod again.

I watch how he shakes a bit, every single hair of his arms raises.

"I like it this way" My words just slip, and I look away, not wanting to stare at the cute boy by my side.

He chuckles.

"Of course you do" he whispers.

One of my eyebrows goes up unconsciously.

"What's that supposed to mean" I want to know, tilting my head again.

He just shrugs.

"You just have this aura..." The brunette trails off with a smile plastered on his lips.

It creates a heart.

"Are you implying that I'm a cold person?"

My hair falls into my eyes when I try to watch his reactions better.

"Maybe."

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

Thoughts?