XIII

Chapter thirteen: Shut up!

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

My eyes wander through the sky and the stars smile at Jisung. I know they do.

He's almost asleep with his head on my shoulder, his fingers tangled with my own, seeking warmness in the coldness of the night.

It's silent, only a few cars are heard in the distance and some cats meow loudly.

"Minho" I hear his voice. Its a bit horse due to the fact that he is about to fall asleep. I can sense it by the way his breathing steadied.

"Mhm?" my mouth creates a low murmur to prevent Jisung from waking up completely.

"Something is vibrating in your coat" he whispers slowly, as if the words were heavy.

I furrow my brows slightly and, without moving my body too much, I take out my phone that was buried in the fabric of the clothes.

My breath hitches when I look at the contact name and I suddenly get up, making Jisung's head fall on the cold sand. He moans and lazily looks up at me with one eye closed.

"What was that for?" he cries. I'm sure he's just overwhelmed by my sudden outbrust, his sleepy brain processing everything.

"I'm sorry I really need to take this" I nervously state, making sure that my voice doesn't shake.

"But..."

Too late, I'm already walking as far away as I can from him.

I answer the call with trembling hands.

"Hey"

Hearing his voice makes my body shudder and an explosion of goosebumps erupts.

I don't reply. I can't. My words are stuck in my throat.

"Minho, I know you're hearing me right now" he says.

I swallow the knot that's been created and it's stopping me from breathing correctly.

"Hi" I finally greet back after some time silent.

"Minho..." he sighs "How're doing?"

I chuckle dryly.

"I don't think you called me at 6 AM just to know how am I doing"

"Minho, I care about you, and I think it's selfish the way you're acting right now. I'm suffering too" he's voice is broken, and I can tell his crying. He has always cried a lot, since he was a baby.

"Don't compare your pain with mine" I whisper, looking at my feet.

"I'm not, but I'm hurting too, you know?" he hiccups in between almost every word and my heart would break if it wasn't already broken.

"Hyunjin I think you should go to sleep" my words sound harsh, but I don't mean them like that. Why can't I sound sweet?

"I need you, Minho. And I know you need me too. We need to heal each other. If we're together it'll hurt less"

"I'm okay, I don't need you, I don't need anyone, I'm fine" I state.

"But you're not!"

"I am!" I scream and everything goes silent.

I look at the spot where I left Jisung and I see how his head perks up.

"I've read the message you sent me two weeks ago"

My stomach drops and I bite my lips.

"I wasn't gonna do it" I assure lowly.

"Are you kidding me, Minho?!? You literally told me that-!"

"Shut up! shut up! shut up!" my eyes water and my body quivers.

My vision is dizzy.

"Is everything alright? I heard your screams and I came running" I almost break my neck when I look aggressively fast at my side seeing the squirrel like boy approaching me.

"Who's-"

"I need to go, bye"

"But Mi-"

I hung up.

"Minho are you okay?" he says looking at me dead in the eye.

I can barely breathe.

"Yes"

Still, he hugs me.

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

is this chapter shitty??