boys are annoying anyway

"It's fine I don't really feel anything between us either. Wait that's not what I meant i-" his words sunk into me like a bunch of bricks on a rotting corpse. Slowly but painfully. "Well maybe I did but whatever." I say pulling away gathering myself and fixing my dress preparing to walk away but he grabs my arm. "Y/n you know that's not what I meant. Right?" God I don't know if I should trust him. It's a two way road. Heartbreak or locking myself up. Neither worked but I had to pick one or the other

As I pulled away he felt hurt "dont touch me Riddle." I say covering up the emotions I felt and I couldn't look him in the eye
"Y/n please. You know that this could work. Us" as he said this my eyes slightly closed before opening again "Riddle I don't think we could work anyway and possibly never. Now goodnight." I say walking away to protect myself and my feelings. Was it worth it? To hide myself from him. From everyone?

Mattheos POV:

.. Did I fuck this up? Me and her. God I never wanted this to happen but it did. I have to be honest ive always liked her. When we met eyes in the 3rd year I couldn't feel the same around her. I want to keep her safe and protect her but what if.. I'm the one hurting her? Pff no that's absurd as I watch her walk away though I can't help but feel sad I wanted that kiss. I wanted her. Everything about her made me want to just snatch her and never put her down. Shes special. Unique in some words but overall she's magical. Shes funny but not cringy and she doesn't care to look like a Barbie doll. God she's amazing and I lost her. Why do I always fuck things up?

As I lean against the wall outside I can't take my mind off her and no matter what I do I cant help but feel guilty. As my mind wanders off to darker things such as her with Draco. Or Blaise. Or anyone at that I see what I never thought I would.
Lillian and.. Y/n? It looked like Lillian was messing with her. Grabbing her purse and stuff. Before I was about to step in I saw y/n slap Lillian. I couldn't help but smile. She deserved it. Thats my girl. She just doesn't know it yet.

Y/ns pov:

I was walking around and I bumped into
Lillian and she quickly was about to burst. She was grabbing my purse and making comments etc and I just tried to apologize till she called me a fatty. I slapped her. I fucking slapped her. Being chubby was my biggest insecurity about myself and she used that to her advantage. The evil queen herself if you will. "You.. You. Bitch." She says her voice filling with anger and I just walk away not noticing mattheo watching this exchange between us girls and I walk to my dorm room still slightly mad
What the hell. I thought I would be happy tonight but nope. And of course. I just change into some shorts and a grey hoodie and I read a court of thornes and roses before going to sleep.

The next day

As I wake up I feel just as sleepy as ever I throw on my usual uniform and attend my classes avoiding mattheo as much as I can but I see him in the hallways every now and then as I walk outside I see a group of students gathering around the forest pointing at a hippogriff flying over the forest. It was beautiful. I don't recognize anyone in the crowd except for my ugh. Sister. Rose. Shes so preppy so pink so.. Girly as I'm zoned out I don't realize she is walking up to me. I'm slightly shorter than her by just a little shes like 5'5'" and im about 5'1-2 ish and it's annoying. "Heyy. Sister." Oh my God her voice is so. High pitched. This Chipmunk. "Hey."
"What are you doing here?" She says
"I saw the hippogriff and I came over here to see it more why?" I say slightly curious
"Oh because I haven't seen you since our little meeting" she said with a little venom.
"Oh yeah -that-" I say looking away
"Mhhhm. Anyway I'll see you later. Definitely." She says and I just nod

I watch as she walks away and im a little happy she left but then ferret walks up
"Hey miss riddle" the name caught me off gaurd "miss riddle? Where did you get that"
Draco Snickers "last night everyone saw you and mattheo and they are betting on you two" makes sense. "Betting? Why should I be surprised." Draco just smirks and says "well anyway mattheo wanted me to say that hes sorry for whatever happened he refused to tell me"

"Mattheo? I thought you two hated each other." Im confused. "Oh yeah he really didn't give me a choice he threatened me"
All I do is laugh. Mattheo would do that
"Okay tell him I forgive him but im still hurt"
"I'm not your owl jesus!" Draco slightly shouts "jeez just this last time?"
"Fine. Just this time." He says before walking away into the crowd oh my God was mattheo in the crowd. I'm walking away nope.

Just great. Mattheo found me
"Y/n im sorry i-" "dont worry Draco told me" I say smiling" "Draco?" He says confused "yeah..?" "I didn't send him or anything are you okay?" "Oh my God that liar! He said you apologized and stuff but I guess he didn't do really any harm."
"Yeah I assume." He says slightly awkwardly and I laugh smiling and he looks down at me "what?" "Nothing."
And he is smirking now "nooo tell me he bends slightly down to meet me at my height "everyone is calling me -miss riddle-
Because of us dancing" as I say that I see mattheos smirk grow bigger "well they aren't wrong" my face turns slightly red
"Riddle! Shut up! We are not dating or nothing." "Well we could be" he says
"What" mattheo pulls me close our faces almost touching "mattheo.. -" he kisses me. HE KISSES ME! as we are kissing the kiss gets more intense and a girl is shocked. A.. Ravenclaw "mattheo? Seriously!? Your cheating?" She shouts and I quickly pull away "mattheo.? Your dating someone?" He looks shocked and I just walk away he tries to shout to get me but I just keep walking.