Chapter 24

When Pei Jinxiu opened his eyes again, the tip of his nose was filled with a choking smell of dust.

He had a severe headache and his limbs were sore. After moving a little, he found that his hands were tightly tied behind his back with a thick hemp rope.

After a moment of confusion, Pei Jinxiu remembered that he and Chi Xu had been kidnapped.

Chi Xu was curled up and lying next to him. He was also tied up. His face was stained with dust, and he was still asleep, looking very embarrassed.

Pei Jinxiu sat quietly for a while with his eyes closed. After he was completely awake, Pei Jinxiu looked around.

The kidnapper was nowhere to be seen, and Chi Xu's wrist was empty. The children's phone watch he gave to Chi Xu was missing.

They seemed to be in the basement of an abandoned warehouse. The air was stale, cold and moldy.

The door directly in front was locked, and there was only a small, palm-sized window on the left wall. Faint light shone in from that small, dirty window, making it difficult to tell the time.

But Pei Jinxiu doesn't need to distinguish, he can directly ask the system.

From the system, Pei Jinxiu learned that it was already nine o'clock in the evening, and it had been two hours since they disappeared from the school gate. He and Chi Xu were now in an abandoned car factory in the southern suburbs of Luojin.

After being missing for two hours, Chi Wanyi must have been worried that something was wrong. She was still seriously ill and it was not appropriate to be overly emotional, anxious and panicked, but it was impossible to hide this matter from her.

It's pretty obvious who's behind it.

Pei Jinxiu was silent for a while, glanced at Chi Xu, who knew nothing, and sighed softly.

With the hemp rope wrapped around his wrist, Pei Jin hooked his hand and took out a delicate and compact folding saber from the hidden compartment at the back of the coat.

He neatly cut off the hemp ropes on himself and Chi Xu, helped Chi Xu up, let Chi Xu lie in his arms, and gently patted Chi Xu's face.

It was already a cold night at the end of March, and Chi Xu was wearing thin clothes. After lying on the cold and hard ground for a long time, his forehead was hot when he touched it, and he really developed a fever.

Pei Jinxiu called him several times, and Chi Xu woke up from his hazy state.

He frowned, his eyes were dull, and he murmured in a low voice: "...I feel so uncomfortable."

Pei Jinxiu was afraid that he would be cold, so he took off his coat and put it on Chi Xu, coaxing: "Be patient, okay? Xuxu, you haven't given me a birthday gift yet, and you haven't made the birthday cake yet."

Chi Xu's brain was a little out of control. After listening to Pei Jinxiu's words, he reacted for a while before suddenly remembering the cause and effect.

He and Pei Jinxiu were kidnapped. Today is Pei Jinxiu's birthday.

The fear comes back along with the memory.

Chi Xu was in pain and afraid, afraid of the dark, pain, death, and never seeing Chi Wanyi again. He was even trembling a little with fear.

He was dizzy and delayed the reaction to the coat on his body. He pushed it and wanted Pei Jinxiu to put it back on: "I already have a fever. Don't catch a cold again."

Pei Jinxiu held his hand and said, "I'm not cold, please dress well."

Pei Jinxiu wore a turtleneck sweater underneath, which was soft and comfortable.