Chapter 66

Under the shade of a tree a little further away from the office, Pei Jinxiu stood there, still holding the blank exercise book in his hand.

Chen Zheng lowered his head, followed Chi Xu step by step, and walked under the shade of the tree.

After standing still, Chen Zheng gradually woke up from the inexplicable guilt just now, and his hatred for these people took over again.

He thought sarcastically, what boring question would the little assistant in front of him ask, "Why do you do such a thing?", or would he say some high-sounding words and educate him from a high position to stop bullying others in the future?

Extremely hypocritical!

But to Chen Zheng's surprise, the first question Chi Xu asked was: "Do you hate us?"

Chen Zheng nodded without hesitation.

Chi Xu continued to ask: "Why?"

Chen Zheng's mood suddenly rose, and his chest heaved violently.

He raised his head suddenly, with tears in his eyes, his eyes were red, and he said full of hatred: "Why?! You still ask me why? Needless to say! Why are you so rich! Why are you living so well? ! Who needs you to come here and pretend to be a teaching assistant for two days?! Who needs the false sympathy of you people! You look down on us at all, not at all!"

Chi Xu was still calm. He waited patiently for Chen Zheng to vent his temper, and then handed a piece of paper to the child whose face was covered with runny nose and tears.

After he collected his emotions for a while, Chi Xu asked again: "Then do you hate Teacher Bai Xin?"

Chen Zheng was so emotional that he couldn't help crying, but he still shook his head decisively after hearing Chi Xu's question.

Teacher Bai Xin is the head teacher of three fourth grade classes and has stayed in the village since graduating from college.

Chen Zheng just instinctively rejected these outsiders who, in his opinion, were seeking fame and reputation, and were not duplicitous. He was not so contemptuous as to hate Bai Xin, who had helped them so much.

Seeing him shaking his head, Chi Xucai continued: "Fifteen years ago, in the third year of the establishment of Majiagou Primary School, the fourteen-year-old teacher Bai Xin was the first batch of volunteers to come to Fanxing Primary School as a teaching assistant, and We were the same, she had only been here for two days at that time."

"But eight years later, Teacher Bai Xin graduated from college. Instead of choosing a higher-paying and more glamorous job, she returned to Majiagou Fanxing Primary School and stayed there for ten years."

It was obviously the first time for Chen Zheng to hear this story. He raised his head in surprise, his eyes full of disbelief.

Although many things are small, they are the most important turning points in life. Some of the people who come to Fanxing Primary School as volunteers may have hurt Chen Zheng's self-esteem, but there are also guardians like Bai Xin.

It is a very bad habit to look at problems in a generalized and non-dialectical way.

But Chi Xu didn't preach about this, and judging from Chen Zheng's reaction, he didn't need to say much.

In the end, Chi Xu just asked softly: "Do you know you are wrong?"

To Chen Zheng's ears, Chi Xu's words were like the sound of bells chiming in unison, a "buzz" that touched his soul.

After all, he was not the kind of hopelessly bad kid. After hearing Bai Xin's story, the emotion on his face changed from hatred and disobedience to guilt and uneasiness. He stumbled and apologized: "Yes, I'm sorry! I... I'm going to apologize to the little teacher now!"