Note 07

0 7

In Which She Gets A Note

She knew the saying: curiosity killed the cat, but she couldn't help herself. When she planned her next study session with River, she made sure that they were going to do so at the café this time. She wanted to know if they had gotten her coffee.

Judging from their hand writing, she assumed that her saving grace was a male. But if there was one thing she learned during her first year as a pre-law student, it was to never assume anything. That and law textbooks help shape arms nicely.

It was a cold Thursday night when she entered the café. Despite her entering the café a bit more than twelve hours ago, the smell of their coffee was like heaven.

She found River sitting at her usual seat by the window so she quickly dropped her bags down and went to wait in line. When she got to the front of the line, she was glad that her friend Theresa carried out her instructions perfectly. She was also surprised when she heard the news that he, she was glad that she was right, returned the notebook.

Theresa handed her both her notebook and her order and told her that, whoever the guy was, he was fine. She rolled her eyes at her friend's antics and headed back to where River was.

She managed to take one bite out of her dinner before the curiosity of her notebook got to her. She placed her fork down and flipped through the pages of the blue notebook. Underneath her thank you note was, well, his thank you note.

Thanks for the coffee Liv. Seriously, I'm the definition of a broke college student. A broke engineering student, who has probably gotten six hours of sleep in the past three days. I'm pretty sure if you tested my blood, it'll be brown due to the amount of coffee consumption. Oh and nice doodle, Romeo and Juliet, classic.

She gave a giggle, which caught River's attention, and felt like the mystery engineering student was interesting and she wanted to get to know him better.