CHAPTER VIII "Second Ring"

Inside a cave a small young man stood looking complicatedly at a rabbit roasting over a slow fire....

"If I eat this is it like eating a Xiao Wu?" he looked confusedly at the meat 🍖 sizzling in the fire and wondered.

Just as strange thoughts kept popping up in his mind, a loud roar sounded in the not too distant forest.

"This" a cold sweat ran down his forehead unknowingly.

"It must not have found me must it?" however as he heard the sound of trees breaking, he
woke up.

Quickly, he got up and ran outside, as for his luggage....

Well, it was long lost.

The name of this boy with somewhat dirty clothes, was of course Jia Hao who entered Star Duo Forest a few weeks ago.

As for why he looked a bit embarrassed, it all starts a week after he hunted his first soul beast....
___________________________________________

Jia Hao slowly removed a spear from the body of a five hundred and fifty year old bloody wolf and was very happy.

It had already been a week since he traveled from Noghting City to Star Duo Forest and discovered that killing soul beasts got upgrade points and copy points.

Although, depending on the beasts he could afford to hunt, the points generated were very few, but he gains the amount after all.

In these seven days Jia Hao took the opportunity to hunt many beasts while searching for a suitable one for his second ring.

But, to his bad or perhaps good luck, the beasts he encountered were not very powerful, usually hovering in the hundreds of years of cultivation.

Although, he occasionally encountered some beasts over a thousand, but, unfortunately they were either not suitable to be his ring or their age was not good enough.

As for Jia Hao, although he hasn't been promoted to Grandmaster Spirit yet, he has undergone quite a big change in terms of experience and combat skills.

From the first battle until now he learned a lot about certain beasts' weaknesses, attack patterns, as well as their habits and behaviors.

As Jia Hao prepared to carry the bloody wolf's body with him he whispered:

"This isn't working, my plan originally was in the first few weeks to get my second spiritual ability, preferably from a venomous snake type beast to strengthen the toughness and add poison to my martial spirit."

"But if this keeps going this way, I may spend the time I asked for and still haven't found the right ring."

While talking to himself, Jia Hao thought of a way to find what he was looking for and that was to go deep into the Star Duo forest.

But this action brought with it considerable danger, but, after some thought; he decided to take the risk.

It wouldn't be so unlucky after all, would it?

...

The day passed quickly and brought with it a new one.

Jia Hao had already rested and was in optimal conditions to continue exploring.

As he moved on, the first thing he noticed was that the vegetation seemed thicker and there were not many human traces to be found.

Further on, he noticed that the millennial beasts came out more frequently eh even Jia Hao had to tread much more carefully.

As far as he knew, in his previous life the stronger animals were territorial and marked their territory either with their scent or by creating marks on trees.