Chapter Two

THREE WHOLE MONTHS OF NO skating has taken a toll on Amayah's mind. Not only has she been getting slammed with messages from her friends, she's also been receiving emails from the national team, saying there's a high chance she won't make the team this year if she doesn't earn enough points, but also because of rumors floating around that her former coach started.

A couple days ago after Amayah got home from the hospital, Braxton came out with a statement saying Amayah faked the accident just to drop him as a coach, so she could have Diego...the man's she's been sleeping with. It was horrible lie...spreading quickly.

"This changes everything." Amayah's PR manager, Kayla, mumbled staring down at a piece of paper. She was the one who was organizing everything, "The whole point in this man dating you...was to help his reputation. God damn it."

"There was no way in telling Braxton would make a statement like that."

"Yeah, well that statement ruined everything." her manager snapped. "I'm going to have to figure out some new demands..."

Amayah and Kayla's relationship was always messy. They were always bickering back and forth about little things, and even when Amayah debated about firing her manager...she couldn't because of their five year contract.

"I need some air..." Amayah muttered, getting up from her chair in the meetingroom. "I'll be back in ten minutes..."

"Make it five, Maya. The meeting is going to start soon."

There was no telling what person kayla found for this agreement, and that worried Amayah. She had no clue who would walk through those doors. What happens if it was some creep? Kayla wouldn't do that to her, would she?

It can't easy finding someone with that much money who also needs something in return as well...

Amayah walked down the hall, past conference room after conference room. The air felt like it was weighing down on her, but she's felt like that for months now.

Stepping into the elevator, Amayah traveled down ten flights, and could finally get some fresh air. Time was ticking down, and soon enough, her life for the next eight months were going to change.

After a couple minutes, Amayah sighed, stepping back into the building through one of the back doors, making her way to the elevator. The door was seconds away from closing when a hand stopped it. "Sorry, I'm in a rush...I really needed this elevator.." the voice echoed through her ears.

The man stepped onto the elevator, hitting the tenth floor button. "Max?" Amayah breathed out, confused.

Max Verstappen turned around, pausing at the sight of her. He didn't move at first, shocked just like the girl in front of him was. "Alvarez?" he finally said, shuffling his feet around.

Amayah stood up straight, not allowing herself to get caught up in anything emotions. "Long time no see." her voice was blunt.

He blankly stared at her, "You stopped going to races." Max stated, ignoring her comment.

"Yeah...I did." she answered.

Tension was rising. Max needed to get the hell out of this elevator, and Amayah was seconds away from prying the doors open.

A little over two years ago, Amayah Alvarez was drunk at some bar when the one and only Max Verstappen walked in, ready to get shit faced after losing his chance of winning a World Championship in formula one to Lewis Hamilton. But his eyes were drawn to a beautiful brunette girl who was in the corner, crying her eyes out over some ex, practically black out drunk.