Chapter Eleven

THE MEDIA LOVED TO PLAY games and mess with peoples lives. Which has happened to almost ever celebrity at some point in their life, but for Amayah...it's an everyday thing. This time, it was the media calling her a shitty girlfriend when they caught wind that she hadn't shown up to the free practice sessions or qualifying, even though it was just announced that her and Max were together.

Amayah had decided against going to qualifying, she instead practice some skating alone...even Diego wasn't there.

After, she wanted to drown her pain in alcohol. She wanted all of it to disappear, and that was her way.

"I thought you were coming to qualifying today?" Lando asked, sitting down in the next across from her at the bar.

"Yeah, we didn't see you anywhere." Carlos added, who sat to the right of her as she took a shot.

"I had a lot going on today." she lied. "But I'll be there tomorrow for the race. How did qualifying go?"

Carlos grabbed one of Amayah's shots. "fucking shit." he muttered taking the shot. "I got p10, Lando p9, Charles p8. And Max got p18 because his engine gave out again but you probably already knew that."

Amayah watched her two friends continued to take shots. She had no clue Max got p18. She hadn't looked at her phone all day, which made her feel a sense of guiltiness.

One drink became two which then became six.

Daniel showed up to the bar about an hour in. Carlos was completely hammered. Lando only had two shots, and Daniel was sober the entire time, making sure Amayah wouldn't do anything stupid.

She was on her eighth shot, and three beers when Daniel noticed how drunk she had become, so he stepped in, grabbing the drink out of her hand. "Heyyyyyy whyddd you do thattt," she slurred, trying to grab the drink back from him.

"You're hammered, Maya." he yelled over the music. "So that's enough for you."

"Nooooo" she pouts.

"I'm calling Charles—"

"Ha. Like he would want to see me." she laughed, starting to move towards the bar, but Daniel stopped her. Daniel always assumed her relationship with Charles was like brother and sister...nothing know they were actually siblings.

"Maya. I need to call someone. You've had too much to drink, but I can't leave Carlos and Lando here. he muttered, putting his hand out so Amayah would give him her phone. "Give me someone to call, Maya."

She stood there for a second, thinking about someone to call...

"Diego." she mumbled, almost falling from how dizzy she was. "Call Diego."

Daniel nodded, searching through Amayahs phone to find Diego's contact, calling her coach.

It was a very quick conversation before Daniel hung up and put his phone away. "Come on, Maya. Let's go outside." Daniel said, leading her to the main doors.

The coldness hit her face. The sun had set hours before, leaving it completely dark except the light given by the lamp posts on the side of the road.