Chapter Twelve

MAX HAD A ROUGH START to the race as he began from the 18th position on the grid. As the lights went out, he tried overtaking his first couple opponents right off the bat, but his plan didn't work very well, only landing him in 17th, passing Lance Stroll.

The opening laps, Max relied on his aggressive driving, making bold moves that even Christian was questioning. The car's performance was worse then yesterday...and it was quickly frustrating Max.

Around the mid-point of the race, Max found himself in the middle of a battle with Charles... who had just pitted and came out right in front of Max. They came inches away from one another multiple times until Max was forced to pit, as his tires were losing traction fast.

He was pushing it to its limits, until those limits sadly became too much.

As Max took a sharp corner, his tires locked up, and his break's couldn't save him from flying into the wall, smashing the side of the f1 race inwards.

And there Max was again, finding himself in the worst position possible, allowing Charles Leclerc to easily gain points and take over the world championship.

"Max, are you okay?" his race engineer voice rang through his ears.

Max sat there for a moment, wanting to yell into the comms, but he knew that wouldn't help, he knew it would only make his image worse...

"Im okay." he muttered.

...

Instagram — F1Racing.News

F1Racing

F1Racing.News: Breaking news!! Max Verstappen has crashed on lap 37 of the Spanish GP. He's out for the rest of the race.
|
|
—> Comments

User12: unbelievable. Completely his fault.

User07: can we talk about his supposedly girlfriend...not being there?
~~>User9: you do realize Amayah Alvarez is an athlete as well? She has her own things to worry about.

User56: what's going on with him? The last couple races and qualifying have been horrible. I'm surprised it's taken this long for Leclerc to finally pass him in points.

...

MAX SAT ACROSS FROM SEVERAL Redbull management team members, which also including Christian. Next to Max, sat Carter, who was tapping his pen on the table repeatedly.

After the race, someone within the management team demanded a meeting to be held...

The expression written on Christian's face told Max everything he needed know...he career is at risk.