Chapter Seven

THE NEWS WAS OUT AND there was no stoping it. There was no going back now, everything was in motion, their relationship, their reputation, everything was set, now all they had to do was keep going with their performance, and convince the world that Max Verstappen and Amayah Alvarez are together.

...

Daily News Broadcast
"Breaking news! We've just been told that last night, famous Dutch f1 driver Max Verstappen and the Monegasque figure skater, Amayah Alvarez were seen out at dinner having a great time. But apparently there are photos of him leaving her dressing room during Amayah's last competition...so this might not be a brand new thing. Maybe these two have been together for a while now?" -Reporter (Sandy)

"They do have a lot of mutual friends, I'm sure they've known each other for a while now." -Reporter (John)

"I have a feeling it's a PR stunt. There has been rumors that Max could lose his seat at redbull because their losing sponsors and there's the rumors about Amayah and her coach sleeping together..." -Reporter (Tyler)

AMAYAH STOOD IN THE FERRARI garage waiting for her brother to show up. "Carlos. Where's Charles? He said he would meet me here." she asked as Carlos entered the garage.

Carlos shifted his feet around uncomfortably. He refused to even make eye contact with the girl, which only made her worry even more. "He told me to make sure you didn't leave the garage..."

"Carlos. Where is my brother?" she asked quietly, now stepping closer him...

Carlos has always been horrible at keeping secrets, especially from Amayah. "in the Red Bull garage."

"Why?"

"To talk to Max...about you." Amayahs eyes widened. This was exactly what she feared. Charles has always made it very clear that no one from the grid was allowed to mess around with Amayah. Even if no one knew they were siblings, they knew Charles cared about her meaning they all knew the girl was 100% off limits. But news was out, everyone by now must of heard at least something about Amayah and Max hanging out. "Maya, why wouldn't you tell me about you and Max—"

Amayah groaned, "because it's complicated, Carlos." she said while making her way through the garage, out to the paddock, in hopes to find Charles before he does something stupid.

"I don't understand!" Carlos said running after her, "I thought the two of you never got along."

"I just need to find Charles right now, okay?" Amayah tried to dodge the question.

They finally got to the Red Bull area, but Max and Charles were no where to be found. "Maya?" a voice said from behind her. "Carlos? You guys aren't allowed in here." Amayah had already recognized the voice.

Her body swung around, "Christian." she smiled at the Red Bulls team principal. She met him a couple years back when Max and her were a fling...he's probably the only person to ever know about the secret relationship the two had three years ago. "Someone told me Charles came in here. Is it okay if I go find him?"