Chapter 4

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 4

The last thing Sam wanted to do was get dressed up and go to the ballroom at the resort to look at the Graft Venus knowing that Knox would be there watching her every move. But she didn't have a choice.

To do this right, she enlisted someone who could pull off the job almost as easily as she could. Almost. She was the best when it came to jewels, any jewel. No one came close to her expertise. She has been planning for the Graft Venus for years, but not at this location.

This was her home. And Samantha Midnight didn't exist here. Sam is determined to keep it that way, even tonight. Knox might think he has his girl in the bag, but he's going to find out that he's very much mistaken.

Not having prepared for this job as she normally would, Sam had to think on the fly. She recruited the one person she knew could do the job with the least amount of information and with as little assistance as possible. Most importantly someone she knew she could trust, that list was very, very short.

Without a fake stone made up to replace the original to buy her time after the stone is taken, the escape has to be flawless. Sam doesn't have her tools with her, those are never brought to the island. Nor are any of her disguises that she uses for her work. She doesn't even have a floor plan of the resort to get a layout of where it will be located tonight. They will be going in blind.

Alex Mason is the best safe cracker she knows. She is the queen of getting in and out of buildings without being seen. She is also the best at working a room. Alex can do the meet and greet talk to anyone about anything and no one can ever really remember her. Only if she wants them to remember her. That's her stage, that's her skill. She is a true artist at heart.

Tonight Sam and Alex will need that. The Graft isn't going to be in a safe tonight, it is going to be in plain sight. There will be the elites in droves at this event. Everyone who has heard of the Graft Venus will be here to get a glimpse of it. Alex is going to have her work cut out for her. Sam will simply be playing with the FBI as a decoy.

'I'm here. See you tonight.' Alex sent the text as the ferry approached the dock. It was the only message she was going to send until after she was long gone.

Alex Mason was the best for a reason. She works alone. Teaming up with anyone on a job is a big no no. In this case, she didn't see it so much as teaming up but as doing a job as a favor. Besides, how often do you get asked to steal one of the rarest diamonds in the world? It was an opportunity she couldn't pass up.

And Sam is a friend. Or as close as a friend one could have in this line of work. She felt honored that Sam thought of her, of all the thieves she could have called on, to help her. And she understood the bind she was in. It's not easy when the FBI is breathing down your neck. Alex has been there too.

Flying in overnight meant she had time to research the location. She found a map of the island, the resort, the floor plan of the resort, and a picture of the rock she would be stealing. 118 carats raw uncut diamond, heart shaped. Absolutely stunning. She was impressed.

And she understood why Sam needed help. There's no way Sam would be able to pull this off without help. This is definitely a two, if not a three, person job. Not knowing a third person to help this late notice, Alex figured they would just have to make due.

When Alex arrived on the island, she didn't meet with Sam. It would give both of them away for them to meet if she did that. With the FBI already on to Sam, Alex would just have to use that to her advantage. Their meetup would have to take place later and not on this small island, where they could get caught.