Chapter 11

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 11

The pain in his shoulder was fierce. It burned like a fire in his blood but it was nothing he couldn't handle. It could have been. It could have been a lot worse if the shooter had better aim.

Knox scooted himself across the floor, and into the bathroom. With his foot against the door, he opened the cabinet and started searching for a first aid kit.

"Come on, come on. Marcus you have to have something in here for this," Knox grumbled to himself as his vision began to blur.

Finally finding what he was looking for, Knox opened the first package and applied it to the wound. Biting down against the pain, he let the quick balm do its thing and cauterized the wound. Once he got the bleeding under control, he began to dress his wound. At least he knew first aid, or enough of the basics to get himself out of trouble.

Patching himself up, Knox knew he had to get out of the house without being seen. He had been spotted obviously. He couldn't stay here. Neither could Marcus. Knox would have to find a way to get in touch with him and Sam.

Opening up the bathroom door a crack, he looked out and listened. Looking at the dark bedroom across the way that Sam had disappeared into, he knew there had to be a way out from that room.

Keeping low and out of sight, he quickly crawled his way to the dark bedroom. Giving his eyes a chance to adjust to the dark, he looked around the room. The window on the far side of the room must be how she got in and out.

Climbing over the bed, Knox pushed the window open with his good arm and had just gotten his leg out the window when he heard the front door bust open. His time was up. He had to move fast.

Sliding out of the window, he pulled the window closed and ducked down as he ran as fast as he could away from the house along the alley way.

Sam was smart to use this to get in and out of the house but she couldn't use it anymore. He had to find a way to keep her from coming back through this way. As Knox came to the end of the alley, he determined this has to be where she is coming from, he has to leave her a message here.

Finding an old spray paint can, he shook it and found there was still some paint in it. Crossing his fingers that there's enough left he sprayed his message on the wall.

SM no KM

It was the best he could do. From there he ran. He would find her again. He always did. Heading for where he hoped he would find Marcus, Knox had other people he needed to help.

Knowing how much danger Sam's aunts were in, Marcus was going to need help getting them to safety. He headed for the pier in hopes of spotting them before Veronica's team could.

Marcus managed to make a call to Sam's aunts asking them to come to the mainland pier and that Sam had asked him to pick them up. He hoped it was the right thing to do. They were hesitant and asked him plenty of questions, but in the end they finally agreed to meet him.

As soon as he saw the two women step off the boat, Marcus felt every eye on them. As if they had targets on them. They probably do. Marcus hurried to the ladies and did his best to keep them in the middle of the crowd.

"Ladies, I'm Sam's friend, Marcus. I'm going to take you to her. Please, if you will come with me, I'll get you to her." Nervously, Marcus put his arms around both of the older women and guided them through the crowd.

"Why are you pushing us?" Lottie asked, pushing his hand off her shoulder. "Where's Sammie?"

"Why isn't Sammie here? She would never have a stranger meet us? How do you know her?" Maisy asked, stopping where she was and refusing to move.