Chapter 1

A hooded figure could be seen running down one of the quiet streets of Musutafu, Japan. As he frantically ran, distant yelling could be heard from behind, causing him to look over his shoulder at the noise. " Crack," he sneered. He knew he didn't have too long until he collapsed from exhaustion. Green eyes flicked down to his left leg, a large gash in his lower thigh. HOW THE FRICK DID THAT HAPPEN?

One Year Before

It's the first day of U.A. and Izuku was miserable. He didn't even make it to the entrance examination before he was notified of a villain attack and heroes in need of backup. Of course, he was glad he could help but he was still upset he'd missed his opportunity to get in his dream school. Izuku ran a calloused hand through he messy green hair, his fingers getting slightly tangled, but slightly calming him down. He knew he had problems with his emotions, he was a crybaby, he was known by heroes to cry at the slightest sign of appreciation from a civilian. But it's not his fault his parents never gave him affection, he couldn't help the fact compliments were a foreign subject to his lonely existence. That's enough about his feelings, the boy had other things to worry about.

" Where is my phone?" he mumbled to himself as his eyebrows scrunched as he sifted through the large pocket on his chest, he could've sworn it was in his vest.

The door slammed open scaring him, "Izuku! Your break is ove- why are you sitting on the floor?" It was just his manager, Kurogiri something, Izuku felt bad he couldn't remember if he'd been told a last name. " Izuku. Are you ok?" The blob of mist asked, now crouched in front of the boy.

" Yep. I'm incredibly chill my G!" The young bartender wanted to slap himself in the face for his reply. He decided to pretend nothing was wrong and got off the dirty floor, he made a mental note to ask Kuro if he could clean the floor later. " I'll head to bar now," The managers eyes followed the boy as he exited the locker room, his face still showing concern. This wasn't the first time he'd found Izuku hiding in a corner mumbling to himself but, it had been happening more frequently ever since he missed the entrance exam.

" He needs to sleep more or he's going to turn into a raccoon."

" I would say I'm already a raccoon!" Izuku peeked his head through the door, a toothy smile on his freckled face, " There's a gentleman asking for you."

" Did he say his name?" The man questioned, slowly rising up from his squatting position.

" Nope! But he looks like a handful." Kurogiri's face was covered in confusion as he watched Izuku's face tense up and twitch as if holding in his laughter, " He has a bunch of fake hands on him so I thought it'd been funny to say 'He looked like a handful' because hands... handful!" Izuku stared at him, his eyes flickered around the room and to the man, he was nervous his joke had annoyed the man.

" The wasn't a very funny joke," the younger man winced, " but I applaud your effort." Kurogiri straightened his posture and walked passed the boy, nodding his head to the bar, silently telling Izuku to follow him but to be quiet.

" Shigaraki, I assumed you were still on you trip to Hosu." The bar patron scowled at the man.

" I got back early. Who the fuck is that?" Shigaraki pointed at the small boy behind the bar, at bit of curiosity in his eyes. He'd only been gone for 3 months and now there was some stray behind the bar, a young one at that. Shigaraki's eyes glanced back and forth between the two behind the bar.

" This is Izuku. I hired him to help make drinks and to have some company." The nonchalant reply irked the handy man already reaching his hand back to scratch his neck aggressively. Red eyes met green as the man observed the new employee, he looked way too young to be working in a bar.

" How old are you kid?"

" I've just recently turned 21, my date of birth was 2 months ago." Izuku didn't know why but he felt he had to be cautious about the man in front of him.

Shigaraki's brows scrunched as he continued to look the boy up and down. He was mostly focused on the fact the new comer was short. Very short. He came up to about Kurogiri's elbow, and that was with his fluffy hair defying gravity. He took notice of how the boy bit his lip and glanced up at Kurogiri, he was more anxious than when Shigaraki was when he ran out of stamina when climbing in genshin. The little shit was wearing a green sweater vest over a white dress shirt and oversized overalls that made he seem even younger. Light brown freckles dusted over a button nose and chubby cheeks. Like hell this little shit was older than him.

" Don't fucking lie to me!"

" Izuku is not a liar, I had doubts at first but everything checks out. He has provided legitimate ID, and his birth certificate." Kurogiri defended, he had also started to get anxious when he noticed his boss's eyes observing Izuku. He had seen what happens when Shigaraki got upset around humans. The amount of times he's had to replace their vacuum was outrageous. " Izuku you may end your shift early, I'll close up for today."

Izuku nodded and headed back to the locker room ,not before glancing at the grumpy man, to grab his bag and beanie. There was only one thought in his mind. Why is his manager acquainted with the leader of the league or villains? He had completely forgotten about his missing phone.

Chapter Over

Hey guys 🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻 It's Espresso!! I've decided to just remake this because I keep getting a lot of messages asking me to come back and finish so Imma just remake this I promise to actually finish this even if I hate it. It might take a while for updates but I'll try my best. Also I'm finally as old as most of my readers!! #16mofo

Let me know if you have any suggestions, spelling corrections, or if you think i've been gone too long and should get to updating!
See you soooonnnn