The Day He Found Out

"Natsu

He opened his eyes to see he was in the forest that surrounded his home. Looking around he couldn't hear or feel any of the wildlife.

“Natsu”

Looking to the sky he saw a giant red dragon flying fast in the distance. “Igneel!?” Natsu questioned not believing his own eyes.

“Igneel wait!”

He screamed running after his father. He ran for what felt like days but he never got tired. It was like he had infinite energy.

Eventually Igneel landed on the peak of a mountain in the distance, making Natsu stop at the base of it.

“Come here Natsu, there's a gift for you to make you stronger. And don't waste time boy

“Igneel what's going on?!”

Natsu screamed at the fire dragon king only for the whole scene to disappear in flames. He woke up in a sweat in his bed, his head having something like a map in it to the place Igneel wants him to go. Getting out of bed Natsu knew he had to do one thing.

*✓*

“I'm dropping out of the trials.”

Natsu could see the shock on his master's face when he said this. “Are you sure on this son?” Makarov asked him just to be sure. He already saw Natsu made up his mind.

“I'm sure old man,” Makarov sighed and shook his head. “Ok I'll replace you with Alzack.”

“May I ask the reason for this.”

“It's personal I can't really explain right now I'll tell you when you get back.” Natsu said with a smile. “Ok well I have to go announce the new line up.”

The two of them walked down the stairs into the guild hall which was buzzing with energy for the trials. Happy flew over to them looking a little worried. “How did it go?”  He asked. “It went good. Are you ready to go?” He asked his partner. “Aye” Happy said.

The two of them slipped out of the guild without anyone seeing besides the resident stalker hiding near the door.

“Everyone listen up!”

The guild quieted down instantly and gave the short old man their attention.

“Today your guild mate Natsu Dragneel pulled out of the S class trials. He will be replaced if Alzack is willing.”

The guild was silent for a full minute before people were screaming.

“That's a good joke master like flame brain would drop out.” Gray spoke up laughing.

“What I say is true Gray. Natsu dropped out today and he will be leaving for a personal matter.” Makarov said seriously shutting up Gray.

“But he was so excited” Lucy said “yeah master why would he drop out and what about Happy.” Lissiana said worried about her “husband” and son.

“I'm sorry I don't know either as I said before he said it was a personal matter.” The master said looking a little troubled

“Natsu!”

The guild turns their heads to see an enraged Erza calling for her pink haired friend.

“Natsu, where are you!”

She screamed looking around for him, scaring people. “Umm Erza-san, Juvia saw Natsu-san and Happy-san leave a while ago.” The water girl said nervously to her red haired guild mate.