7 Year Gap

“NATSU FIGHT ME!”

Natsu was standing in the middle of the guild being challenged by Gray, Gajeel, and surprisingly Erza. He had a feeling this might happen soon, but this was good it gave Natsu a chance to show them how much has changed.

“Follow me.”

He walked past them to the outside of the guild, of course the guild followed him and his three challengers. They walked out to a cleared field where Natsu was standing in the middle of it.

“Well who wants to go first?”

“I do!”

Gray and Gajeel stepped forward at the same time and glared at each other.

“Out of the way popsicle.”

“Your first monkey face.”

“How about you both fight then.”

The two didn't seem to like the idea but their desire to fight Natsu out weighed their pride. Natsu smiled as he watched them agree.

“Happy come here.”

“Aye.”

Happy flew over from where he was perched on Lisanna’s soldier. The two challengers looked confused as the burned blue cat flew over. “What ya scared to fight alone Salamander.”

“Oh no you're gonna fight Happy, not me.”

“WHAT!”

The Tenrou team plus Happy screamed in shock. “Happy!”

“ME!”

“Yeah if you can beat Happy then I'll fight you two.” Natsu said as he walked back to the crowd leaving the three staring at his back. “Oh Happy I'll buy you that rare fish you want if you win. So don't hold back.”

Happy's whole aura changed when he heard the words rare fish. His body started to glow and he transformed into his human form much to the shock of the guild. Blue hair with a burn on his face. Black hooded jacket and pants with black and blue boots. His cat ears twitching in the wind.

“Is that Happy!” 

Lucy appeared in the crowd just in time to watch the cat turn into a boy. “Yeah he learned transformation magic during our training trip years ago.” 

“Happy looks cool huh Carla?” Wendy said to her partner and guardian. “Hmph he's still a tomcat.” She said with a small blush on her face.

“Natsu can Happy really beat those two?” Lisanna asked him worriedly. “What Happy’s gonna fight Gray and Gajeel.” Lucy’s eyes almost popped out of her head at the thought.