Starting a new chapter

It took a week for Natsu and Happy to get back to Magnolia from the North. Natsu decided to stop at the town where Miss Reida was to thank her for what she said to him. Happy was back in his cat form lying on Natsu's head.

"It feels good to be lazy again." He said, sighing in relief. Natsu just shook his head as he walked through the town, a kid ran up to him excitedly. His mother was behind him. "Mister Natsu you're. Are there more wyverns, take me with you this time I can help!" The boy said, throwing punches in the air. His mother and Natsu laughed at him."No nothing like that. I'm here to visit the mayor." He said smiling. The woman pulled a grim face at his words. "I have bad news mister Natsu."

Natsu and Happy arrived in front of a hospital room. Natsu takes a deep breath before he opens the door to find Reida holding a baby in her hands. "Miss Reida." He said softly, getting the woman's attention. "Oh, Natsu, good to see you." She said smiling. The window was open, blowing her hair with its breeze. If Natsu could describe her right now In one word it would be..... resigned.

"What are you doing here? I heard Fairy tail was closed." She asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Yeah I closed it down temporarily, as the new master I thought we needed time." She smiled at him, her disappointment gone. "I came to say thanks, if it wasn't for your advice I don't know what the guild would be like." He said, his words coming out strained. "Oh you don't have to thank me, I was just telling you what I thought. It was you who made the change, remember that." She smiled at him.

The room was silent for a moment before Natsu turned his eyes on the baby. "Is that yours?" He said looking at the baby. Reida laughed at his words, she then blushed and rested her cheek in her palm. "Oh you flatter me so much master Dragneel. Who knew you thought I was so sought after at my age." She said teasingly. Natsu looked confused for a second and you could see him putting the pieces together.

"Oh no, you are beautiful for your age but I noticed they have the same scent as you." He said not really understanding his words. Natsu wasn't lying when he said this, her face was very beautiful with wrinkles you couldn't see until you were close to her but even when you did they just added to her appeal. Her hair shaped her face very well, and her body was still curved in all the right places. While her aura gave off one of a strong but caring woman. All around very attractive.

Reida actually did blush this time and laughed again. "You're so funny Master Dragneel. This is my granddaughter. Her parents, my daughter, died during the wyvern attacks. I've been taking care of her since then."

Natsu got closer to the baby, the child stuck his hand out at him. Natsu put his finger on its hand and the baby giggled. "Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked. "It's a girl, her name is Kaiori." Redia answered watching the interaction. Happy waved his tail in her face, the girl laughed and grabbed his tail pulling him down. "Ahhh Natsu help!" the cat screams. Abruptly Reida started to cough hard. Natsu went to her side immediately, rubbing her back. She grabbed a towel on her side and covered her mouth.

When she removed the towel it had blood covering it. The mood in the room grew somber, the only noise being heard was the hospital equipment and the baby's laughter. "How long do you have?" He asked grimly. Reida smiled at him unbothered. "2 months, 3 at most." She told him. Natsu clenched his fists and took a deep breath. "The guild doesn't open for another 3 and half months. I'll come by everyday ok." Reida looked at him surprised. But she shook her head no.

"You don't have to do that Natsu." She told him. "I know but I want to. So I will." Natsu told her simply. Smiling at her with comfort.

2 months passed quickly, Natsu kept his promise and visited her everyday, Happy always with him. The two often took over handling the baby and that made them sleep overnight in the hospital more than once. Natsu took her and the baby out as many times as he could and the sight of the 4 of them became common in the town. They were often compared to a family which never bothered them. Reida always laughed and Natsu just ignored it.