What Hides In The Shadows

Natsu was currently at home watching a strange girl he found in the forest. She was beat up and looked a little starved, she looked to be the same age as Natsu or maybe younger. She was digging into the food he gave her with gusto under the curious gaze of the Dragneel family. Once she finished she looked up with an embarrassed blush. “I'm sorry.” She said reserved.

“It's fine you don't have to apologize.” Natsu told her, smiling. The girl looked shocked at his apparent kindness. “So what's your name?” He asked her. “Minerva” The black haired girl answered. “Could you tell what you were doing in the woods?”

The girl shifted uncomfortably at the question. “I was training with my father and got lost.” She said nervously, showing a bit of emotion. When Natsu looked into her eyes when she said father, he could see a burning hatred. She abruptly got up to leave. “I have to go, my father will be looking for me.” She said going to the door.

“You sure? You could stay you know.” Natsu told her and Minerva could tell he wasn't just saying for the night. She struggled not to turn around, this stranger radiated a safety never felt before to her. But she ultimately grabbed the door knob not wanting her father to harm the man. “No it's fine.” She said as she walked into the night. “Well you're always welcome back.” Natsu told her.

As Minerva ran Into night she shed silent tears as she got further and further away from the strangers warmth and ran back into the familiar cold hands of her father.

*✓*

Natsu woke up with a familiar weight on his chest, sighing he rubbed the sleep out his eyes and woke his nightly intruder. “Wake up.” A naked Millianna stretched under the covers and snuggled deeper into his chest, purring. “Five more minutes, Natsu-nya.” She said, going back to sleep. Natsu bobbed her on the head in frustration. “Wake up!” 

Millianna jumped up holding her head in pain. “Oww not cool Natsu-nya.” She said her crocodile tears flowing. “Hey well you shouldn't be here.” Natsu shot back at her. “But I like sleeping with Natsu-nya. It's so warm.” She said, hugging him around the waist. Abrupt knocks could be heard on Natsu's front door.

“Put some clothes on.” Natsu said as he threw on some pants so he didn't answer the door in his underwear. Opening he wasn't surprised to see his uninvited guest's roommate standing there. “Hi Kagura.” He said smiling.

Kagura tried not to blush, staring at Natsu’s uncovered frame. She noticed she's been having weird thoughts about him lately. But it didn't mean anything right? “Master.” She said as she walked into his home uninvited like always. This has been Natsu’s morning routine for the past few months, Millianna breaks in at night and Kagura shows up in the morning. 

Natsu walked back into his house to see Kaiori making her way to Kagura. “Come here come here baby.” Kagura cooed to her in a voice Natsu knew she would kill anybody else for hearing. Natsu made breakfast, of course making some for his guest and sat down at the table. A few moments later Millianna in her clothes came and sat down in his lap shifting a bit to get comfortable. She picked up some of the eggs and fed it to him like usual before taking a bite herself. Kagura watched the scene with a strange rage she couldn't place just yet. “You kay auntie Kabura.”Kaiori asked the purple haired woman. “Yes I'm fine honey.” She told her with a sweet smile.

If you asked Natsu if there was anything wrong with what was happening he would tell you no and if you asked him if he was dating Millianna he would also say no. He didn't have time to find mates right now with his new position as guild master and his growing child. That caused him to sink to a new level of obliviousness. How long that would last nobody knew.