The trials

Three months passed quickly, and the trials were coming up in just a day's time, and the people were itching to show their training even if they didn't make S class. A side effect of the guild taking all those missions in preparation was great for showing everyone that Fairy Tail wasn't going anywhere, and Natsu loved it. 

From the balcony of the second floor Natsu observed his guild members he always found them to be amazing but the last three months really showed him something. In exchange for a copious amount of fish he had Happy spy on them and they all exceeded his expectations. Firstly he looked at Jet and Droy, the two of them improved a lot and their teamwork was incredible. Even if they didn't have the power alone to be S class Natsu felt he could trust them together to complete an S class mission. 

Turning his attention to Bisca, Laki, and Kinana, he could say they were the most improved. The three of them completed the most missions in the last three months, he knew from the times he had Happy oversee their missions that Kinana didn't have what it took to be S class but Laki and Bisca had a real chance. But what surprised him the most were the new members. Kagura showed she had the mental space to be S class; he just had to see her strength at the trials. Millianna showed she had real drive to be stronger; he could see her making it next year or after. 

And lastly the boys, as ironic as it sounded coming from him, he didn't think Fubuki was mature enough yet to be S class and the same went for Nico. But to say the least, the two were very strong. 

“Ok guys as you know the trials are tomorrow!” Cheers rang out from the guild members, Natsu could even see Kagura with an excited smile. “I want you all to remember that this is more than just the trials. It's a chance for everyone to show the results of their training!” 

“Yeah!”

*✓*

The night before the trials in the Dragneel home, Happy was sleeping dreaming about fish and Charla. While in Natsu's room he was tossing and turning in his sleep, his face looking troubled.

He woke up in a sweat, his head was aching and he could hear a voice though it sounded muffled and broken.

“hsyd dhye hs E.N.D”

He could almost make out an image but the headache subsided and with it the strange voice he was hearing. Natsu tried to collect himself but he couldn't stop the shaking in his hands and he had a strange feeling of fear in his heart.

“Aaaa”

Looking over at the crib he had in his room Natsu could see his baby calling for him. He walked over and he had to cover his nose, his eyes watering. “Damn you made a mess huh.”

After Natsu changed her he decided to get some fresh air, with Kaiori in his arms he went and sat by the lake he had near his house. Looking at his daughter in his lap Natsu had a content but worried smile on his face.

“What's happening to me? Do you know sweetheart.” Kaiori just looked at him and laughed. As Natsu sat there he started to smell a familiar scent that surprised him. 

“What are you doing out here?”

From the shadows of the surrounding forest Ultear appeared with a small smile on her face. “I heard Fairy Tail was back so I came to check on you.”She eyed the Baby with a curious expression. “Who's baby is that?” 

“She's mine.” He said. Ultear’s eyes widened in shock but she prided herself on keeping her composure. “Wow I didn't know you were so scandalous.” She said with amusement. “She's not actually mine, I got her from someone. But besides that, aren't you on the run.”