Disguise 8: The Royalty

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Royalty

Disguise 8

-Penelope's POV-

I arrived at our condo, distraught after all the information I had to divulge today.

I would be lying if I said it was just a headache.

"Tiffany," Natalia called after me as I opened the refrigerator, picking up the carton of orange juice. I got one glass and placed it on the kitchen counter before pouring the beverage down.

I need some brain freeze right now.

"Want some?" I asked her instinctively, my voice unexpectedly bleak. I noticed her shaking her head, turning down my offer.

"Okay," I responded curtly, returning the carton back to the refrigerator. As I consumed my juice, silence enveloped the entire kitchen.

I stared at the blinking lights on the fortress before me, the only thing I could seem to focus on.

Tiffany Williams is a royal student.

She is the student everybody is talking about.

She is studying in the same school as Axel does.

And most importantly, she is studying in the same school as Jeremy Ford does.

Jeremy Ford.

The prince of New York.

I dropped down the glass in my hands, groaning. I just have to pick the wrong time, the wrong name and the wrong group of people.

Tiffany is getting way too many notes for herself.

"Tiff, I am s-"

"Can we order Chinese take-out?" I interrupted her. I tilted my head to the side, meeting her gaze. "Unless you have any other suggestions."

"Y-yes," Natalia stammered. Upon realization, she cleared her throat and shook her head. "I mean, no."

"I'll call." We said simultaneously. I silenced, giving her a signal. She gave me one small smile before heading to the living room. I picked up the glass on the counter, gulping the rest of its contents. Washing the glass, I hummed an ancient song of Demi Lovato.

She was given the world,

So much that she couldn't see.

I closed my eyes and smiled. I continued humming the song, twirling around the room.

She was scared of it all,

Watching from far away.

She was given a role,

Never knew just when to play.

"It'd be here in fiftee- oh, am I interrupting?" Natalia's voice made me jump in shock. I froze in my place, stopping my little concert.

"No, you didn't." I said, facing her. She was already in her pyjamas, smiling. I flashed her a reassuring smile as embarrassment continued to pour over me.