Disguise 16: The Avoidance

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Avoidance

Disguise 16

-Penelope's POV-

I leaned against my locker, my back slowly sliding down the floor.

As much as I hate to admit it (or anyone, seriously), school is my only salvation. The only oasis to the desert called 'Bullshit.'

Mind my language.

Seriously though, I have to thank Melissa for saving my butt last Saturday. She woke me up at seven, and got me off my comfort zone by eight in the morning.

You might probably be thinking that eight is too early, well it is realistically speaking, but it was considered worth it that I don't have to panic over my stupid decisions about Jeremy.

That, everyone, is my life story. Just kidding. It's the reason I look like I'm prepping myself for modelling a casket.

Hopefully so anyway. I don't want to be in a casket and under the ground.

I silently wished a prayer, crossing my fingers and started to count.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Wake up, Williams." Jeremy's gravelly tone hissed. I looked up and sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"Geez, give me a break." I said exhaustingly, making him scoff. To my surprise, he sat beside me and rested his arms on his lap. I closed my eyes.

Before I could question him, he spoke. "Our next class is cancelled."

I peeked through my lashes, wondering what he meant. Our? Do we- oh. The earliest class we have together.

I stood up abruptly, my eyes widening in horror.

Does that mean...?

When I took the chance to escape from him, he grabbed my hand to stop me. He pulled me down, the impact paining my butt. I winced.

It was official that it effectively made my plan futile.

"Ow." I muttered, my lips in a pout and my arms crossing. I glared at Jeremy who had his eyes closed, obviously taking a nap.

Jerk.

Hushed whispers surrounded the two of us, students looking at us with mixed emotions. I tried to stand up when he threatened. "Try to stand up and I'll make sure you'll fulfill your promise to me now."

I sunk back almost immediately when I heard him, scowling. "He's the most conceited scumbag I've ever met." I mumbled to myself.

"I heard that."

"Well, you should." I retorted, rolling my eyes. He snorted and opened his eyes, the crowd instantly dispersing. I blinked as the bell rang.

I'm pretty sure that was the late bell.

Everyone hurried to their rooms.

Wait, everyone?

I looked at Jeremy. "Are you sure we don't have classes?"

"No." He responded casually. I widened my eyes, picking up all my stuff and ran with the crowd.

Fully forgetting the fact about his threat.

By the time I arrived, I was a quivering mess. I was panting and I swore my hair is everywhere. It was a good thing that my professor isn't here yet.