Disguise 18: The Complication

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Complication

Disguise 18

-Penelope's POV-

I decided to get in the house, the volume of the party music decreasing tenfold. I tiptoed to see again if Melissa was around.

An arm wrapped around me, instantly freezing me in my position.

"Where have you been, Tiffy?" Natalia asked, slurring. She pinched my cheeks, giggling.

"Have you seen Melissa?" I asked her back, my teeth clamping on my bottom lip hard as strings of curses went through my brain.

"Fanny, my dear!" Melissa called as she approached me. She hugged me tight, making Natalia snort beside me. I hid a smile from the two drunk women.

"Hey guys," I greeted with a hesitant nod of acknowledgement. "I was wondering why no one bothered to tell me this was a pool party."

They shared a look before clearing their throats. I scoffed. "Yeah, clearly I was effin' drenched. Now give me your spare clothes to spare your social life." I warned.

"Try." Melissa challenged. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, babe, you haven't seen me yet," I replied, raising an eyebrow up. "Clothes." I reminded them, groaning. Natalia held up her extra clothes- as to which I don't know where she got -and dropped them into my open hands.

"You owe me my Starbucks coffee supply for the whole week." I pointed to Melissa, flipping my rigid hair back. She stuck her tongue out as I walked away from them.

I stopped, remembering something.

"Wait, wait, wait." I walked backwards, going to them. They raised their eyebrows. I raised a hand.

"Where can I change?"

"Oh," Melissa smiled sweetly, Natalia looking at her worriedly. Melissa pointed the hallway to my right, her wide grin not faltering. "You can go there, and use the last room."

"You sure?" I asked with uncertainty, feeling queasy at her grin. "It's not a trap or anything, right?"

Natalia opened her mouth to answer but Melissa beat her to it. "It's not a trap, T. Do I look like a joker?"

"Your height says so." Natalia told her with a glare. Melissa ignored her remark.

"Fine," I gave up with both my arms raised. Melissa gave me a toothy grin. "See you guys later."

"Sure," She waved me off. "Just use protection in case you wanna spend the night with a hot guy."

I narrowed my eyes at her statement, doubting the way I trusted her on this. "Not gonna happen."

"Oh, we don't know." Her eyes glinted mischievousness, and I rolled my eyes before going where I was told to.

I stand unsure against the mahogany door in front of me, Melissa's actions playing in my mind making me have cold feet about changing my clothes in this room.

They could've just showed me the way to the bathroom.

Life would be way much easier.

I turned the knob, the door creaking as I opened an inch wider. I peeked stealthily, my crossed fingers out and about.

Once it was opened wide enough for me to enter, I scanned the surroundings to see if there was single sight of a person using it the same time I was about to. I let out the breath I was holding when I saw that Melissa said the truth.