Disguise 25: The Crumbling Walls

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Crumbling Walls

Disguise 25

-Penelope's POV-

Breathe in, Pen. Relax.

Axel's hand rested on the small of my back, and I looked at him to assure him that I was going to be fine. I will be fine.

I took a step closer to them, and I beamed. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked, trying to sound chirp. Natalia frowned.

"Before your Q and A," Kevin butted in, waving his hand in the air to catch my attention. "Can we get in? I hope that you remember that it's December and the temperature can reach below zero at this time."

"No one said you couldn't, you damned doofus," Axel replied, and they rushed to get in and take off their coats. I chuckled lightly. "I'll go prepare some drinks."

"No!" I exclaimed as I clamped my hands on Axel's sleeve. He looked at me momentarily, before nodding. "Entertain your guests, Selly. I'll fetch them."

Melissa gazed at me warily. "Are you sure you're trusted in the kitchen?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure I can manage."

"I'll help her." All pairs of eyes diverted to Jeremy, who was casually leaning against the wall. "I'm pretty sure you have a lot to talk about, anyway."

"You don't need to, I swear." I protested as he shook his head.

"I want to, Williams," He argued, and he walked towards me. "Any other arguments are invalid."

"Jeremy, you don't need to and that's-" My statement was cut off when Jeremy flicked my forehead, and the shock from the action disabled me from comprehending anything other than the sting on my forehead.

"Did you say something?" He asked innocently, and I gasped as rage surged within me. My right hand touched my forehead, faintly recalling him walking past me.

Axel chuckled behind me, and suddenly I was dragged back to reality. "The kitchen's on the right, Ford!"

"Got it!" Jeremy exclaimed back, and I groaned in irritation. Axel saw my reaction and messed up my hair, a sole reason for me to step on his foot and chase that unbelievable runt.

Have I ever told you that Jeremy freaking Ford is a jerk that deserves to be buried underground?

I took after him, a string of curses flowing uncontrollably in my mind. He pretty much seemed to be enjoying this. His infuriating presence couldn't even read the atmosphere and that itself makes me want to strangle him.

I slowed down, realizing that getting pissed at the creature unfortunately named Jeremy Ford now isn't the right time. I sighed. He really is nothing but trouble.

I reached the kitchen, my attention focused on something else. I clenched my fists, before walking to Jeremy to give him a piece of my mind.

I opened my mouth and took a deep breath, preparing the handful of words I want to say to him.

"Are you okay?"

And it vanished. All those words sucked in by his simple three-worded question. It was both amazing and annoying on how he could render me speechless.

I blinked, closing my mouth. Jeremy stares at me, and he met my eyes like he could see through them. I was crumbling underneath his hypnotizing gaze. I cleared my throat, feeling a dosage of reality, before looking over his shoulder. "I'm fine, Ford," I said as I walked past him. "How about we focus in making hot chocolate?"