Disguise 33.5: The Confrontation

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Confrontation

Disguise 33.5

Jeremy found himself staring at the television, suddenly finding it to be the most interesting thing that ever existed in the planet. And no, it wasn't the channel that caught his attention—he doesn't even care what is playing on the screen— it was its appearance. The black, rectangular flat screen appliance in front of him was intriguing the most random part of his brain, his eyes staring intently at its shape as if searching for some sort of flaw where he could divert his focus. He took a sip from his hot chocolate, tasting the familiar bitterness of the cocoa that he always loved.

He hated coffee. Yes, it was apparently essential in a human's life to extend their waking hours but there was always something about it that made his stomach churn. Moreover, caffeine apparently didn't side with him either. It made him sleep the last time he drank some—the only time he drank some.

Aside from that, he was bored as well as uncomfortable.

Axel remained silent beside him, his hand digging in the bag of chips. Despite his offer to make him a drink, the guy never bothered to make him feel welcome in Natalia's penthouse. Not that he ever was since the beginning, but Wesley didn't even make an effort to hide that.

What exactly did Jeremy expect? They were both guests, and circumstances left Axel no choice but to acknowledge him.

"What is it?" Axel asked as he finally looked at Jeremy. He had a scowl on his face. "You've been staring for a while now with that questioning look on your face. It's creepy."

"Ah, I just..." Jeremy trailed off, his eyes back on the television. "The hot cocoa tastes good."

"You're the one who made that." Axel retorted hotly as he reached for the remote. "As if you're not narcissistic enough."

On cue, Jeremy looked at the mug in his hand. The rich chocolate brown liquid swayed in accordance with his movements. Frowning, he brought the mug to his lips. Did I, really?

Making hot chocolate must have been his reflex to postpone a nonexistent conversation.

"Where's Tiffany, by the way?" Jeremy decided to divert the topic, looking up to see the channel has changed into one that showed some classic action movie. I could care less. "It's kind of weird for her to sleep this early. Especially if you're around."

"It's midnight, Jeremy."

"Exactly my point."

There was a brief pause before Axel replied. "Why the hell would it be weird for her to sleep at this time? If anything, why are you here at this time?"

Good question.

This time, Jeremy's mouth shut wordlessly. Axel, unfortunately, took that as a cue. "Are you stalking my best friend, Ford?"

"It's nothing of the sort, Wesley." His response came out of his mouth instantly. "Don't get the wrong idea."

"Yeah, because arriving in the apartment you rarely visit at a quarter before midnight just to give out excess desserts that you could simply store in your refrigerator until you feel like eating it doesn't give me the wrong idea at all."

Jeremy looked at Axel with wide eyes. The blond met his brown orbs with pure distaste and disappointment. "In fact, it only gives me the most accurate idea as to why you're here."

"What does that mean?"

"You like Tiffany, Ford," Axel said with seriousness. "That's why you're here. It's about time you finally confess your true intentions ever since you showed up."