"Protect Me"

We all drove back in pure silence. The silence was so loud. We all walked in. Still no one said anything. Marcello went straight upstairs. I followed him into our room.

"Cara not now. I have to shower." He bluntly said.
"What was that?" I asked.
"Cara I said not now." He repeated.
"You can't be serious. Are we just gonna pretend that what happened didn't happen?" I asked rhetorically.
"Preferably yes." He said bluntly.

He can't avoid this and he knows it. What is he so afraid of?

"Cara I am your boss and I command you to leave me alone." He said.
I stood there with my arms crossed. Shaking my head.
"GET OUT! I ORDER YOU!" He yelled.
"No. No Marcell." I said
"I COMMAND YOU TO LEAVE." He yelled in my face.
"I WILL STAY! I COMMAND IT!" I yelled back.
"Cara, my love, please go." He pleaded.
"No." I said.
"Cara will you for once do what you are told." He said.
"No. I can't. Not unless you explain to me what happened back there. I've never seen you like that and I want to understand." I explained.
"THATS THE POINT. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT TO YOU. THE FEAR IN YOUR AND EVERYONE ELSES EYES DIRECTED TOWARDS ME! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF I EXPLAIN IT TO YOU EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE CARA!" He yelled in distress.

Marcello's POV:
"THATS THE POINT. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT TO YOU. THE FEAR IN YOUR AND EVERYONE ELSES EYES DIRECTED TOWARDS ME! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF I EXPLAIN IT TO YOU EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE CARA!" I yelled at her trying to make her understand.

I can't explain it to her. She'll never look at me the same again. I love her. Of course I love her. From the moment I first set eyes on her I knew she was special. I knew she was different from everyone else. I would die for her. No, I would kill for her. But that's the bad thing. I did exactly that. I ripped apart my own cousin for her. Knowing that someone would kill for you is a horrible thing to put on someone. But she's knows that I'd do anything to protect her. But the fear that she had in her eyes. When she saw what I had done. There's no chance that she'd ever love a monster like me. A beast.

"What are you talking about?" She asked calmly.
"Cara. I love you. I always will but knowing that I would kill for you is a horrible thing to put on you. It's not fair to you. You shouldn't be in love with me. You shouldn't be in love with a monster. You had so much fear in your eyes. And I don't blame you if you will never look at me the same again. And I absolutely do not blame you if you don't love me anymore. Someone like you shouldn't be in love with someone like me. You do not deserve this life of violence. You deserve to live a normal happy live. And I unfortunately can't give that to you. As much as I would like too. I can't." I explained to her.

She stood there stunned. I knew this would happen if I explained it.

"I'll get someone to pack your bags and arrange for you to leave the manor soon. Just please let me take a shower first." I said and then went towards the bed with my head in my hands.
In that moment I wanted to die. Letting go of the person I love most.
"I'm not going anywhere." She bluntly said.
I looked up at her confused. I opened my mouth to protest but she cut me off.
"I'm not leaving. This is my home too." She stated.
"Cara-" she cut me off.
"No. You do not get to call the shots here." She said angrily.
"Cara. Did you even listen to a word I said? You don't belong with a monster like me." I said once again.
"DAMMIT MARCELLO WHEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS OR WHAT YOU DO I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!" She yelled at me.
"Listen to me. You are NOT a monster. You are everything to me. The love of my life. I will not stand here and let you talk bad about yourself. Try and push me away all you want but I am staying right here with you. I understand that what you did back there was out of love. I'll admit that what you did back there was different and you caught me off guard but I understand why. After what he did to me. And her what he did to you. After what he did to us. He deserved everything he got. Yes it was scary but he got what was coming to him. All that you did to him was necessary at the very least. I know that you will always protect the people closest to you. I know that you will always protect me." She expressed.
She understands.