🌸chap 4 - Nightmare's mission🌸

This is a cream fluff requested by LuniMe1
I hope you enjoy it

___________________________________

Cross was the newest member to the bad sanses. Around 7 months ago, Nightmare took him from his empty AU and hired him to his gang. Luckily, the others didn't hurt or bully Cross, but they always pulled pranks on him because of his shyness. Other than that, he was treated pretty nicely.

Cross was very useful to Nightmare, because he was very smart, fast and strong. That is why Nightmare always gave him the hardest missions, because he knew that Cross was capable of completing them.

One day, Nightmare called Cross to his office.

"Hello Cross. As you may have already guessed, I have a mission for you today." Nightmare said while playing with his pen. "But this time, it is no ordinary mission. Since you are very intelligent, I believe that I can give you a task that I only gave to Killer once." Cross tilted his head.

"What is the task, boss?" He asked. Nightmare grinned, liking the fact that Cross is interested in the mission. "You and the rest of the gang already know some information about me, but there's one little thing you still don't know..." Cross listened to Nightmare carefully. He was curious about his boss.

Nightmare grabbed his cup of black coffee and took a sip of it. He then showed a photo of a beautiful skeleton with golden eyes and a gold circlet. "The little thing is, I have a younger brother. His name is Dream, and he's the guardian of positivity. Ew...." Nightmare scoffed a bit. The only positivity he liked was Killer's positivity, because Killer only had positive feelings while killing, or getting Nightmare's attention. But back to our Oreo.

"A younger brother...?" Cross asked. Nightmare nodded and took another sip of his coffee. "Very well. And since he's the guardian of positivity, he's ruining my plans of spreading negativity across the Multiverse. So I need you to find him and spy on him." Nightmare grinned. He already knew what Cross was capable of.

"Make sure he won't notice you. He's very naive, but sadly smart too. But I believe that you're smarter than him. I last saw him at the Golden Lilly park. Now go, try to get as much information about him as possible." Nightmare said and went back to his paperwork. Cross bowed down and teleported away.

He was now in the Golden Lilly park. He put his hood on and climbed up a tree. Luckily for him, nobody saw him. He just sat on a thick branch and played with a tiny bone. He was like this for around 20 minutes, until he noticed someone walking right under the tree and sitting down on a bench near it.

Cross noticed that it was Nightmare's younger brother, Dream. He unsummoned the tiny bone and stared at the skeleton. He was a lot smaller than Cross. He seemed to be around 156cm, while Cross was 173cm.

Cross carefully climbed down to a lower branch. Dream meanwhile took out a book and peacefully started reading. Cross looked at what the smaller skeleton was reading. 'so he likes reading, hm... Just like Nightmare...' Cross thought for himself. Suddenly, the branch under him cracked from his weight, making him flinch. He quickly climbed back up.

Dream turned around to the tree and looked at it with his beautiful golden eyes. Cross couldn't help but stare at those beautiful eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen. Dream shrugged and continued reading his book.

Cross got back down again and watched Dream read the book. After two hours, Dream put his book in his bag and stood up. Cross carefully climbed down from the tree, without making any sounds. The skeleton with a gold circlet went somewhere and Cross followed him.

Cross was starting to be more curious about Dream. He looked so nice... so friendly... so perfect. Suddenly, a ram monster got in Dream's way and pointed a knife to his neck. "Give me all your valuables! Now!!" Dream flinched and gasped. "I... I'm s-sorry sir, I do not have anything valuable with me..." Dream quietly said.

The ram monster scoffed and grabbed Dream by the neck. "Then you're useless to me." He was just about to Stab Dream, but Cross teleported to him and punched him in the face, making him drop Dream and the knife on the ground. He then summoned his large knife and quickly killed the ram.

Dream just stared at Cross, who literally appeared out of nowhere. Cross unsummoned his knife and looked at Dream. ".....be careful next time." He said. He completely forgot about his mission, which was NOT to be seen by Dream. He was about to teleport away, but Dream suddenly hugged him tightly, making him flinch.

"Thank you so much sir, you saved my life..." Dream smiled. Crosses face exploded with purple blush. He didn't get hugs very often, and especially not from someone as beautiful as Dream. He had his hood and mask on, so Dream couldn't see the blush. "U-mmm... You're w-welcome...." Cross said and tried to look away, but something inside him just forced him to keep looking at Dream.

Dream let go off of Cross and bowed down. "May I ask for your name, sir?" Crosses mind was now in a completely different place right now. "M-my name's Cross... Nice to meet you.." Dream smiled and told Cross his name, even tho he already knew it.

After that Cross gave Dream some company on his way home while telling him some nice jokes.

"Goodbye Cross, I hope I'll see you again soon!" Dream smiled and waved at Cross. Crosses face turned purple again. He just waved and teleported to his room. He sat on his bed and thought about the stuff they talked about, but suddenly, he remembered something.

His mission that Nightmare gave him. He even knew stuff about Dream and where he lived, but he didn't wanna tell Nightmare about it. Cross had to make up some lies about how the mission went.

~timeskip~

Cross told Nightmare some basic info like Dream's favorite activity or color and said that he just teleported away, so he couldn't follow him. Luckily, Nightmare took it as an answer, even tho he was a bit angry.

Since that day, Cross visited Dream everyday and always did fun stuff together.

The End