1. Her Arrival

In the labor room, Abhira grappled with the excruciating pain of contraction and the hyperemesis gravidarum(a condition, characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, and dehydration during pregnancy) pushed her to her limits even more.
As the room buzzed with the urgency of medical professionals attending to her, she clutched the sheets & beads of sweat formed on her already tired forehead and her heart throbbed faster. Armaan, watching Abhira's distress, felt a knot tighten in his stomach. He knew he had played a role in bringing this pain upon her, a realization that weighed heavily on his conscience. As another wave of pain washed over Abhira, she clutched his hand, and screeched.

"I'm so sorry, Abhira. I never wanted you to go through this. Tum meri wajah se aise-,"

Abhira weakly smiled and managed to compose words"It's not your fault, Armaan.Shaadi ke 6 saal baad Maahi ko is duniya mein lane ka hamara mutual decision tha, we both wanted Maahi right? So I'll endure anything for her. Apne sorry ki chutney banao aur apni aankh mein ghusa lo"

"Ab tum bhi sure ho ye Maahi hai Maahir nahi?"

"Ahh Ar-arm-man"

The intensity of contractions was further intensified by her weakened state, causing her to pass out momentarily. Armaan restlessly asked the nurse with a shaky voice- "Kya yeh normal hai? Should she be passing out like this?"

"Her body is weakened from the constant vomiting, aaj subah hi unhone 3 baar vomit kardiya 3 ghante ke andar. And the dehydration is aggravating the pain. We're closely monitoring her fluids and vitals. Himmat rakhiye sir"

As Abhira pushed through the pain, her body weakened, and she passed out again. The medical team was on their toes and worked to revive her.
When Abhira opened her eyes and blinked her eyes at him, the room felt heavy with the weight of both physical and emotional exhaustion. Armaan whose hands were joined in a prayer and eyes were watery held her hand and muttered
"Mujhe laga ki I-I I lost you," he admitted.

Dr. Kapoor approached Armaan. "Armaan mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai,bahaar chalo.

Hyperemesis gravidarum has taken a toll on her body. Her body has been through so much in these 9 months, and the continuous nausea and vomiting have left her depleted. She's finding it challenging to gather the strength to push effectively.""

"K-kapoor aunty mai-mai kuch help nahi kar sakta uski"
Dr. Kapoor sighed, "Your support is crucial, Mr. Armaan. Encourage kar use. Uske sath hi reh. Stress kam kar thoda hasa usko. We'll explore every option to ensure a safe delivery for both Abhira and the baby. Fluids administer kar rahe hain let's see abhi"
.

"You're doing amazing, Abhira. We're almost there."

Finally, as the child's cries filled the room, Armaan's eyes welled up with tears of relief and gratitude. Dr. Kapoor, approaching him, said, "Congratulations, Armaan,it's a girl! Abhira has shown remarkable strength, and your baby is here, safe and sound."

Two hours later when Abhira opened her eyes Armaan, grabbed her hand in his trembling ones and kissed her forehead. "I thought I lost you. Tumhe kuch ho jata toh mai khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kar pata Ms Sharma, never. Jaan nikal gayi thi meri. Aise teen teen bar kon behosh hota hai haan" 

"We're still here, Mr Podda. Kyunki agar mere jagah meri bhootni hoti toh wo tumhe sabse pehle twinkle twinkle sunati.  So,we made it through nah. The baby?"

Armaan signalled her to look at her left side where the swaddled child was kept swaddled in the cot.

"Waise ab batao miss badbad gadbad,tum poori pregnancy keh rahi thi ki shayad ladka hoga toh phir aaj delivery se pehle Maahi kyo bola?"

"Sure tohh mai 4th month se hi thi khadusmaan ki meri maahi aa rahi hai. Woh tohh tumse ladne ke liye points nahi milte the na pregnancy mein itne Sharif jo ho gaye the tum, tohh isi baat pe lad lia karti thi!"

"Bachchi ke saamne maze ke liye ladti thi tum?"

"Meri baby mere womb mein andar itne dark spot mein rehti thi, aur poddar house ke dramas ka live telecast bichari ko last 4 mahine mein mil nahi paaya. Wo andar baithe bore ho jati nah. Uska entertainment uski mamma kyu na karti bhala?

Haina gudiya, mamma ki princess" Abhira turned towards Maahi and planted numerous kisses everywhere on her tiny face. The baby cutely scrunched her nose and curled her lips into a smile making AbhiMaan chuckle at her antics.

So how's it?
Happy Reading ❤️
Next part mostly after a week!