4. Dadisa & Maahi

After a fraction of a second,Abhira and Armaan breathed a sigh of relief,as it was none other than Kaveri,their beloved Dadisa,who had rushed to the hospital as soon as Armaan told her about Abhira's weak state and how excruciating the delivery had been for her on phone. 

Vidya,Madhav & Kaveri had been in Delhi for the past two months with AbhiMaan,eagerly awaiting the baby's arrival and taking care of Abhira while the rest of the Poddar family had pre-booked the flight-tickets to Delhi,which was scheduled two days later,in accordance with the due date. As Abhira's water broke all of a sudden in the cab while returning with Armaan after delivering her guest lecture as the most promising young female advocate at a prestigious law college, she had to be rushed directly to the hospital and as he too, was tensed and panic-stricken witnessing her writhing and howling in pain,he didn't even bother calling anyone. As time passed and it was an hour to midnight,the three of them frantically called Armaan and that's when they got the good news and Madhav drove them all the way to the hospital despite getting stuck in the traffic for 3 long hours. 

Abhira gently nudged Armaan, signaling him to fetch her t-shirt from the nursing bag. Despite the joy of having Maahi nestled against her bare chest, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of self-consciousness in front of Kaveri.

Sensing her discomfort, Kaveri with a smile,lovingly addressed her badi-bahu.

"Are tum dono daro mat,ham hi hain. Aur Abhira beta,sharminda feel karne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. In fact, joh tum kar rahi ho is quite beneficial for her," Dadisa said, surprising Abhira with her understanding.

Abhira hesitated, an awkward blush coloring her cheeks, "I just thought... I mean maine socha ki aapko thodha awkward lagega and I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

Dadisa chuckled and responded, "Ham samajhte hain. Par ham ab wo purani soch wali dadisa nahi rahe,all thanks to you!Acha ab ye batao,tum theek ho? Kitna kuch saha hai tumne poori pregnancy mein,hamari sabse bahadur bachchi ho tum!"

Dadi Sa said, caressing Abhira's face and then turning towards the baby and brushing her thumb gently against her cheek "Ahha, hamari legacy ka newest,sweetest addition. Ham jaante hain,ki tum ham sabki zindagion ko khushion se bhar dogi,sabke aankhon ka tara hogi!AbhiMaan ki Abhimaan(pride). Waise naam kya socha hai hamari nanhi kali ka?"

Abhira & Armaan smiled at each other at what Dadisa said,their little girl,their sunshine baby would indeed be their pride,the one who would sprinkle the dust of happiness and joy in their lives, would always count on them and love them unconditionally. 

"It's a secret Dadisa"Abhira said cutely,while keeping a finger on her lips like nursery school children.

"Achcha..Tohh ye baat hai. Mamma Papa ne pehle se decide kar rakha hai nam.Par naamkaran ke liye jab ham bulaynge panditji ko tab agar dusra akshar aa gaya toh? Ham tohh jaante hain ki tum aur Armaan 9 maheene se bachchi ko is hi naam se bula rahe hoge?"Dadisa asked while lovingly patting Abhira's back while Maahi held dadisa's thumb with her little palm,making it the perfect two shot candid moment for Armaan to capture. As dadisa said so,AbhiMaan bit their lips playfully in the 'gotcha moment by dadisa'.

"Aree daro mat,ham bachchi ka naam nahi badalwayenge. Naam aisa hona chahiye jiska judaav dil se ho,aur ham jaante hain hamare bachchon ne koi pyaara naam hi socha hoga!"

Abhira's eyes moistened at what Dadisa said. In these years of living with Abhira,Kaveri Poddar was finally able to introspect and realise where she was going wrong,even in today's modern times. She was almost able to internally turn into her rebellious younger self, whom she had lost to the routine of her life revolving around the responsibilities of her family.

"Maa aur Dad kahan hain dadisa?"Abhira asked Dadisa while constantly looking at the door.

"Aa rahe hain. Apni poti ke welcome ko thoda special bhi tohh banayenge ki nahi?"

That's all!

Happy Reading 🏵🏵