11. Frustration & love

1 month later (Poddar House)

"Maahi,baby please can we catch a little break princess. Mamma needs a chotu sa rest. Please calm down bachcha"

Abhira had tried everything-taking her seldom fussy little girl to the garden,singing her favourite nursery rhyme,dancing with her but nothing worked. Absolutely nothing, Maahi continued to wail, her tiny pink fists clenching and unclenching in frustration. Armaan sat on the edge of his bed, watching his wife pace back and forth with the child, even he had tried soothing his daughter, but everytime he tried holding her, she tried to wiggle out of his hold.

"This is harder than I thought. Why won't you stop crying. Mamma just wants some sleep. Is that too much to ask for!"

"She's just a baby, Abhira. It'll get easier with time. Tum math ro please, we'll find a solution for it nah"

Abhira's patience wore thin, and the emotional burden reached a breaking point,causing her to almost shout "Enough! Why won't you stop crying?!"

Tears welled up in her eyes as she grappled with the reality of the moment, she had shouted on her little baby, a baby who was already so frustrated and so tensed. She now sat down on the floor near the edge of the bed, her head in her hands, tears streaming down her face for the nth time. She felt so miserable, she was failing as a mother, and her heart ached at the thought of her daughter being in so much distress. She couldn't bear to see her child like this, and now her outburst had made her guilt two-folds.
"I'm so sorry Maahi, Mamma didn't mean to shout on you. Please darna math. Mamma can never get angry on you,you're her cutest and dearest possession right!"

Just then, they heard the door open and footsteps approaching. It was Vidya & Madhav, who had heard her screaming and rushed to help. Vidya took Maahi from Abhira's arms while Madhav lovingly ran his hand over Abhira's head and signalled Armaan to calm her down.

.

Armaan,taking a long & a deep breath whispered-"Abhira, come here. Please beta,please jaan. Tum stress mat lo nah unnecessarily please"

Disheveled hair,trails of dried tear droplets on a frustrated & exhausted face, red puffy eyes reflecting a mix of guilt and agony and constant sniffles & sobs described Abhira at that moment. She was almost cemented to the floor at one spot like a fallen candy, too numb to speak or notice how the part of her hand which she had accidentally banged against the bed while pulling her hair almost out of their roots in anguish, was now starting to swell. Armaan shifted closer to her and scooped & dragged her up to place her in his lap while using the wipe to clean her face. He gently brushed his fingers over the hurt area of the arm which had turned blue a little,then kissed it and said

"Abhira kya ho gaya baby. Why are you punishing yourself haan. Aise nahi karte nah. You're doing so well & are the world ki best mamma already nah,maahi ki super mamma ho nah tum. Koi baat nahi aaj jo hua, I know thoda zyada ho gaya I mean tumhara khudh ko maarna aur maahi ke saamne chillana but don't feel guilty about that sweetheart. Ho jata hai, expert nahi ho nah tum abhi,it is just a tough night. Tumhe bhi rest chahiye nah. You haven't slept for more than 6 hours over the last 3-4 days, din bhar Maahi ka dhyaan rakhti ho,yahan tak ki sirf use hi ghurti rehti ho,mujhe toh dekhna hi bandh kardia hai tumne! Itna bura lagne laga hoon kya,kya meri beti bhi apne Papa ko dekh kar tumhare jaise hi daravane reactions degi?" Armaan tried making her mood better by cracking a light joke towards the end and pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her close to his chest. He could feel her shaking so he held her even tighter, trying to soothe her.

"I'm failing us Armaan, I'm failing her! I don't know why maine uske saamne itna tez chilla dia. I-I d-don't know how I would do such a thing? Itni choti baby meri,itni pareshan thi she was crying so badly and I shouted on her so loudly. How c-could-"

"Come on Abhira,insaan ho galti ho jati hai nah. Relax baby,calm down. Bas bachcha bas"

Armaan started humming a soft lullaby all the while rocking his first baby-his Abhira in his arms while she held his shirt & cried. As soon as her sobs turned into peaceful snores, he kissed her cheek,tucked her in the bed and then headed for Madhav & Vidya's room, only to see his smallest baby finally sleeping soundly in his maa sa's arms. He gestured her to give the child to him as he knew that if Abhira doesn't find her baby next to her whenever she wakes up,she would start crying like a kindergartener!

"Armaan,gudiya ko hamare pass de dia karo. Abhira ka rest karna bhi important hai, uski khushia bhi important hai, uska apne par dhyan dena bhi"

"Maa,vo 'meri beti' 'meri beti' karke baby ko kisi aur ko deti nahi hai. Wo sochti hai ki mai kya kya kar hi doon baby ke liye! But I'll make sure ki ab Abhira thoda rest kare"

"Armaan meri beti ka khayal rakh,nahi tohh bohoth maaroonga tujhe"

"Aapka aur aapki beti ka Sahi hai Papa, Dono ko apni apni bachchi ke saamne koi dikhta hi nahi hai. Huh!!"

He went back to the nursery and sat down next to Abhira, placing Maahi in her arms. Abhira stirred slightly, but she didn't wake up,instead she instinctively pulled Maahi closer to her, and Armaan could see the peace on her face when Maahi placed her tiny little palm on her chest. He then lay down next to them, wrapping his arms around his wife and daughter, his sweet little world was in his arms and he couldn't think of any other feeling better than this.

That's all
Happy Reading🏵