15. The Diaper Fiasco

Armaan attempted to muster some confidence "Alright, we've got this. It's just a diaper change, nothing we can't handle. We're a pro in it now nah. Its been a month and a half"

Abhira too forced an awkward smile "Yeah, just a diaper change. Kitna mushkil ho sakta hai? Yeh toh chaand pe pani milne jitna easy hain!!"

With a deep breath, they took tiny steps towards their little beast staring at them innocently with her doe eyes in an 'I've not done anything' expression armed with wipes, diapers, and a new frock. As they approached Maahi, they were met with a pungent odour that almost made them both recoil.

Armaan wrinkled his nose. "Bhaisahab, itni busy rahin hain yeh madame."

As they began to undress Maahi, she squirmed and giggled as she felt a tickling sensation. Her mamma struggled to hold her tiny legs steady while her papa cautiously tried to remove the soiled diaper. However the baby in her enthusiasm, kicked Armaan twice on his right eye and managed to smear herself with her own poop making Abhira gasp in horror,

"Maahi bachcha. Papa ko laath maarne tak theek tha par aapne yeh kya Kiya?"

Armaan's eyes widened in disbelief ,"How did she...?"

"Beti tumhari hi hain nah Armaan. Tumhein tohh coloring bohoth pasand hain nah. Jitni B grade abstract paintings banai hain nah tumne pregnancy ke time mujhe and maine jhooti tareefe ki hain,us hi ka nateejah hai yeh sab.
Ban gayi yeh bhi Picasso!"

"Yeah, but her medium of painting seems to be err quite unconventional. Atrangi ideas ke maamle mein she's your daughter"

"Tumhein mazak lag raha hain Armaan? Tumhare dimag ki badhboo ko match kar rahin hain iski body odour. We've to bathe her now! And she hates it. Call maa now. She's the only one who can give her a bath without playing WWE with her"

" You mean to say that my brain is storehouse of shit?"

"Maine aise kab kaha! Loh,you accepted it on your own?"

"For God's sake Ms Sharma atleast Maahira ke saamne Udaipur ke one of the best & most brainy lawyer ki beizatti-"

Maahi chose that precise moment when her papa was about to praise himself more to release a fresh stream of urine, catching him off guard and leaving him soaked from waist to toe. Abhira couldn't suppress her laughter, clutching her stomach.

"Oh my goodness, Armaan! You're drenched! See,this is Maahi's way of saying that please stop being self obsessed"

"What the heck Abhira? How the hell is she siding with you? Tum isse akele mein bhadhka rahi ho. I get it. My daughter is supposed to be a papa's girl not her mamma's chamchi"

"Mujhe usko bhadhkane ki koi zaroorat nahin hain Armaan. Poddars ki beti hai toh judge karne ki power toh iske lawyer khoon mein hain"

" Now just shut up Abhira & let us just dry clean her first. Mujhe abhi yaad aaya ki Aryan ke sivaay aur koi tohh hain hi nahin ghar mein. Hamein nehlana bhi khud hi padega ise"

After Abhira and Armaan cleaned Maahi with wipes, they decided it was time for her first bath alone with them. She'd been bathed earlier of course,but the baby wanted only Vidya for it and would start crying if anyone else let her delicate frame even touch water for a second. With tender care and nervous excitement, they filled the baby bathtub with warm water, ensuring it was just the right temperature for their precious princess.

Abhira gently rubbed Maahi's tummy and said ,"Mamma's nathkhat female laddoo gopal is going to have her first bath without Dadi"

"Abhira,are you sure she needs one? She's a dangerous little drama queen and agar upset ho gai tohh isko manana is next to impossible. Poora Udaipur sir pe utha degi yeh roh roh kar!"

"Of course she needs a bath khadusmaan. Itna potty se khelne ke baadh aiche gandhu gandhu thode na lahega mamma ka shweetu. Haina shona!" Abhira cooed while kissing Maahi all over her face.

Abhira gently lowered her in the small tub half filled with lukewarm water and as expected,she started to cry immediately.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, Maahi. Mamma Papa hain nah"

"What's wrong? Kyo roh rahi hai princess?Pani zyadah garam kar diya kya papa ne Maahi?Papa's sorry baby. Please don't cry!"Armaan panicked as he took Maahi from Abhira's arms and cradled her gently supporting her head.

"She's just a baby, Armaan. She cries for no reason sometimes.

Maahira,I promise you bachcha,agar aaj aap pyaar se water ki dishoom-dishoom kar loge nah tohh aap bade hokar mere aur Papa ki pitti kar lena,bilkul waiseh hi. Deal?"

As soon as she said this,Maahi's cries receded and eventually stopped. Both Armaan & Abhira chuckled at the way their daughter gave a sly smile after 6 long minutes of constant crying and they lovingly kissed her head earning a pat on both their cheeks with her tiny little palms.

Abhira started to gently wash Maahi's body with her hands,while Armaan leaned and watched his baby doll nervously,feeling a surge of joy in him.

"Dekho Abhira,she's not crying anymore. Kaisi rowdy baby hai hamari. Mamma Papa ki pitai karne pe ready hui bas yeh nahane ko. Kal iski taraf se lattha maar Holi ham khel lenge"

"Armaan, Dekho, she's smiling!"

"She's trying to splash us. Hamari baby tortoise"

Both of them hysterically laughed as Maahi splashed the water on their faces with her tiny fists. Together, they continued washing her delicate skin, taking care to cleanse every crease and fold with gentle caress. She splashed and kicked, giggling in delight as the water tickled her tiny toes.
They continued to play and talk to her, making funny faces and silly sounds, causing Maahira to laugh and gurgle even more.After the bath, they carefully lifted her out of the tub,wrapped her up in a soft pink towel and cuddled her, making sure she's warm and dry. The happy but exhaused baby let out a small yawn making her mamma papa smile at each other with their hearts swelling with pride, knowing that they had successfully completed the daunting task of bathing her.

That's all
Happy Reading and please vote!🏵 🏵