5. Madhav,Abhira & Maahi

In the happy hospital room, the new-born grandparents, Vidya and Madhav, entered to meet their newborn granddaughter for the first time. Madhav,the most excited one out of the lot had his hands full of pink-white balloons, party poppers and a dozen gifts for the little champ. As they walked towards Abhira,who had her baby still snuggled to her chest,their eyes became moist looking at her serene face,ah a perfect baby she was.

"Abhira kitni pyaari hai yeh,nazar na lage kisi ki. Thu thu thu" Vidya & Madhav exclaimed warding off evil eyes and caressing the baby's head.

"Acha abhi sabka ho gaya, mujhe meri beti se akele mein baat karni hai. Bye bye Armaan, Maa sa and Vidya, enjoy!" Madhav said playfully shooing all three of them away.

"Aree papa, par Mai toh baby ka papa hoon na!"

"Haan toh mai baby ki mamma ka papa hoon. Jab baap beti baat kare toh dusro ko beech mein nahi aana chahiye" saying this,he shut the door, and was greeted by the sight of a happily-giggling Abhira clapping at what he just did. He hi-fied her and sat beside her.

"Maine meri beti ke har achievement pe celebrate kia hai jab se wo meri life mein aayi hai. Tera advocate Abhira Sharma banna,tera pehli baar job pe jaana as a lawyer, tera pehla award,pehla guest lecture sab kuch! Toh ye kaise rehne deta bhala? Giving birth is no cakewalk, especially after all what you endured. You know hyperemesis gravidarum ka jab pata laga na tera I'd get shit scared whenever you'd take even more than 5 minutes to get out of the washroom after vomiting. You were getting weaker day by day and this IPS Dad of yours was getting more and more terrified seeing you in that state. I wouldn't have been able to live if I lost you kiddo. You're the one who've brought happiness and joy in my life and forged my connections with each family member again & so beautifully. Aur ab teri beti ko dekh ke aisa lagta hai ki all of a sudden meri bachchi Abhira itni badi ho gayi.

Chal ab,mujhe pata hai tera khadoos pati tujhe cupcake khaane tohh deta nahi delivery k turant baad. Toh ye le. Jab tak Vidya aur Maa ready ho rahe the utni Der mein chef se banva lia. Ekdam healthy hai,it won't harm you as well. Dad aur bachchi milke khaynge!" Madhav said with glistening eyes,as he handed out the small packet and kissed his darling daughter's forehead and stroked her hair gently, blessing his lovely blessing;while Abhira emotionally hugged him,feeling a tornado of overwhelming emotions rising within her. 

She devoured her cupcake as Madhav held little Maahi in his arms and rocked her gently as she cried softly,becoming the first one to hold her after her parents. Abhira quickly fetched her phone from her purse & clicked the photograph to cherish. All of this made Abhira feel the vacuum of her mamma and papa's absence again for the nth time! She felt her tears desperately escaping her beautiful eyes,making Madhav worry for her.

"Bohot dard ho raha hai kya mera bachcha,nurse ko bulau? Armaan, Vidya, Maa sa kisi ko bulau?"

"Dad,I wish Mamma Papa yahan hote. Papa toh mujhe bhi nahi dekh paye, gudiya ko bhi nahi!"

"So do I. They'd have loved her more than anything else in this world nah. Tujhe pata hai Abhinav ji jab apne bete ke custody case mein ulje the tab bhi unhone mujhe drop kia tha jab meri gaadi kharab ho gayi thi aur mujhe police station jaana tha urgent kaam se. He was himself tensed and still he tried making my mood lighter with his PJs,just like you. Aur ek baat kahu, hamari Maahi ki chotu nose and smile bilkul tere papa pe gayi hai!" Madhav replied,citing the time when he met Abhinav for the first time. Though he met him only twice before his death, once when he dropped him to the police station while Abhir's custody battle was ongoing and the second time when Madhav helped Abhinav as Abhir went missing;his kind and compassionate nature was enough for him to be remembered by Madhav for a lifetime. 

Abhira flashed a beautiful smile at her dad praising her papa but was a little stunned when he said-"Maahi"

"Haww Dad, Maahi kaise pata aapko? Hamne toh nahi bataya tha!"
"Ab Armaan aur Abhira ke hashtag se toh Maahira hi banega nah. Obviously. Tera Dad itna bhi buddhu nahi hain! Tension mat le I won't tell it to anyone else"

That's all
Happy Reading 🏵