3. Her first feed

"Why is this so hard? I just want to feed her without it hurting so much."Abhira whispered as her hungry little girl desperately tried to latch on for her first feed. As the baby squirmed and struggled for a grip, Abhira hissed in pain and tears streamed down her cheeks.

Armaan side-hugged her, wiped her tears and gently stroked her hair. "We'll figure this out. Maahi abhi seekh rahi hai na sweetheart,aur tum bhi. It'll be alright."
Abhira's voice cracked as she cried, "Bura lagta hai Khadusmaan,it hurts. I feel so helpless. Meri bachchi bhookhi hai,khila bhi nahi pa rahi mai use. Mai itna basic kaam bhi nahi kar pa rahi, jaise kismat mujhe khud 'haaye bichari' keh ke chidha rahi ho"

"Tum apna best kar rahi ho, Abhira. Aur Khabardaar jo khud ko haaye bichari kaha tohh, aisi toh tum bilkul nahi ho meri ferocious maharani!
Tum lawyer banna Akshara ma'am ki kokh se seekh kar aai thi kya?Nahi nah! Aise hi mamma banna bhi seekh jaogi. And you'll be the best one" Armaan reassured her by kissing her on the forehead.

Their baby, frustrated in her attempts, continued to unintentionally hurt her already weak mamma as her tiny little hands and mouth struggled for a desperate grip. Abhira too had tried almost all positions to feed her,but none of them seemed to soothe the cranky baby.
"Maahi bachcha, please... it hurts gudiya. It really does."Abhira cried gritting her teeth,feeling an overwhelming sense of failure as a new mother.
Armaan whispered "Easy, Maahi bachcha. Mamma's here nah. Please aap thoda aur try karo princess."

Just as her mamma would obediently or not so obediently listen to her Khadus's suggestions,the baby seemed to have heard her father as she finally became comfortable with last position Abhira tried,making abhira squeal with joy.

"Armaan! She did it Armaan!" Abhira kissed Maahi's forehead while smiling gleefully at Armaan,who was busy recording this priceless moment of the Mother-daughter duo.
"You both did it!"Armaan said hi-fying Abhira and then kissing his baby's feet. But as he did so,he received a gentle kick on his nose from the baby who was aggressively sucking and was in no mood of getting disturbed by anyone that moment,making Abhira giggle with joy.

"Haww Ms Sharma,aap khush ho rahi hain ki baby ne aapke eklaute pati ko laat mari,wo bhi meri delicate nose pe? Waise jo bhi ho,bhukkad tumhari tarah hi hai. I think she won't allow me to share her food as well."Armaan winked giving a naughty & sly smile to Abhira,who widened her eyes in surprise.

"Mr ever-so-tharki poddar,aapka apni hi beti ke khaane pe nazar lagi hai!Thu thu thu.
I'm happy kyoki jo kaam mai nahin kar paai wo Maahi karegi,tumhe sudharne ka"

While they continued their banter,they saw that the little kiddo had fallen asleep in the warmth of her mother,on her bare chest and all her parents could do was adore their magical creation.

While they were lost in staring lovingly at their child, suddenly a person barged into the hospital room,alerting AbhiMaan and making Abhira protectively wrap her arms around her new-born.

.

Who could it be?Keep guessing!
I couldn't stop myself from giving another bonus update. Haha! Enjoy.
Happy Reading🏵