prologue

The scorching sun beat down on the bustling streets of Los Angeles,
where a fiery young woman named, y/n walked with purpose.

With her (y/h/c) hair, piercing
(y/e/c) eyes, and a determined stride, she commanded attention wherever she went.

But behind her confident exterior, there was a story of resilience and a heart scarred by the past.

y/n had always been a fighter.

Growing up in a small town is New Hampshire, she endured a childhood filled with pain and abuse.

Her parents, consumed by their own demons, unleashed their anger on her, leaving deep emotional wounds that would take years to heal.

At the age of 18, she made a daring escape, leaving behind the scars of her past and seeking solace in the vast city of Los Angeles.

In the City of Angels, y/n found a fresh start.

She began her journey as a bartender, working long nights in dimly lit bars, pouring drinks and listening to the stories of strangers.

It was during those late nights that she honed her ability to read people, to see beyond their facades and into their true intentions.

After four years behind the bar, y/n felt a calling to make a difference in a different way.

She became a substitute teacher, stepping into classrooms filled with eager minds and troubled souls.

It was there that she discovered her passion for protecting others, for standing up against injustice and making her voice heard.

But fate had more in store for y/n.

Drawn to the adrenaline and danger, she made the bold decision to join the ranks of the LAPD.

As a rookie cop, she found herself thrust into a world of crime and chaos, where the line between right and wrong blurred with every passing day.

In her new role, y/n encountered a myriad of interesting characters, each with their own stories and secrets.

Two individuals, in particular, caught her attention and it seems she caught theirs too.

One was a fellow officer, a seasoned veteran with a rugged charm and a mysterious past.

The other was a captivating informant, a master of manipulation with a hidden vulnerability.

As y/n navigated the treacherous landscape of the LAPD, she found herself torn between her duty to serve and protect, and her longing for a life free from the shackles of her past.

Her heart, still scarred from a toxic relationship, yearned for connection and love, but she was wary of letting anyone get too close.

With each passing day, y/n resolve grew stronger.

She channeled her pain and anger into her work, using her fiery spirit to fight for what she knew was right.