chapter 4

i stood in front of my chair as i heard clapping. i turned to look behind me to see bradford enter the room.

He walked over to his chair and finds an inflatable orthopedic pillow on the seat. he stared at it for a moment then, picks it up and pops it with his pen.

"All right, all right, all right. Settle down. Settle down. Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? 'Cause once again, we start with you." grey said as he walked in the room.

"I'm flattered?" nolan said.

"Don't be. Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal ten grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an I.D."

"Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps." nolan stupidly said.

"Absolutely. 'Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet." grey said sarcastically said.

then, captain anderson walked into the room.

"Captain. How can we help you?" grey said.

"First off, I wanted to welcome Tim Bradford back. If you need anything, you let me know." she said

"Yes, ma'am." tim said.

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right." she said.

"Babysitting a termination: a patrol officer's favorite assignment. So, who shall I bless with it?" he said, rubbing his hand together like a villain in a cartoon.

Nolan raised his hand.

"Officer Nolan, are you volunteering?" grey asked.

"Just embracing the inevitable, sir."

"Smart man. Get the address from Dispatch. That's it."

—————————————————————-

INT. PATROL CAR

"You sure you don't want me to drive?" i asked.

"Why would I want that, Boot? You think I'd go back on duty before I'm 100 percent?" Bradford said.

"No, sir." i said.

"Or do you think simply doing your job during a firefight means you get special treatment?" he said.

"No, sir." i said, again.

"you'll drive when you've earned it." he said.

"Yes, sir." i said quietly. "It's good to have you back." i continued.

"Damn straight." he said.

——————————————————————

"Oh, thank God you guys are here. He's trapped in there." the bank manager said as he walked out.

"In where? The bank?" i asked as me and tim followed him in to the bank.

"No. In the wall. Mike went inside to fix an ATM last night before we closed, and we forgot he was in there and left. The lock must have broke when he tried to come back out, and he's been inside all night. Pushed this note through the receipt slot when he heard us come in." he said as we all stood in front of the ATM machine.