chapter 2

the next day:
"So, all right, all right. Settle down. I just got a disturbing video. Never seen anything so horrific. So prepare yourselves." grey said as he walked into the room call room.

he switched on the TV at the front of the room and it started out as someone running.

wait-

that's nolan running.

the video showed nolan getting stuck in the fence chain and everyone started laughing. i looked over at nolan and he looked petrified.

"Such grace and athleticism has never before been seen in the LAPD. Is that a gazelle wearing the blues? Or a dinosaur from a long forgotten age? Now you will see Officer Salvatore execute a perfect flying tackle."

he said and everyone clapped.

"All right, fun's over. This is a BOLO for Mr. Lance Selby,-" he began walking around, handing out papers.

"who violated his parole yesterday. Scale from 1 to 10, this guy's a 12. Did a nickel for attempted murder with a claw hammer. So whoever gets him off the street will get a sincere handshake and Super Bowl Sunday off. That's it. Be safe out there."

——————————————-

"I've decided on your punishment." Bradford said.

"punishment for what?" i said.

he looked at me with a 'really?' face.

i sighed. " you wanna tell me what it is?"

"More of a "show you" kind of guy." he said and got out the shop.

i sighed and followed him.

" Ghost Head." he walked up to two guys on the side walk, who began to walk away.

"No, no, hold up a minute." he said and the guy in the brown shirts stopped.

"Yo, this is harassment" ghost head? what kind of name is that, said.

"What? No, it's just good customer service. Kind of like a frequent flyer program for dirt-bag drug dealers. Search him, Boot."

i sighed and the man turned to look at me.

"turn around and grab the wall." i demanded.

"Make me,...Boot." ghost head said.

i looked at the guy and walked over to him but, he swung at me. i ducked and grabbed his arm. he pushed me against the wall and tried to grab my duty belt.

"no!" i said and punched him in the face.

"Keep your hands up, Salvatore. Don't let him get on top of you!" Bradford said.

i grabbed the side of ghost heads face and head butted him, then brought his face and slammed him against the wall. i kneed him the the stomach then kicked him where the sun don't shine.

i pushed him down on the ground and he tried to get back up but i kicked him in the face and pushed him back down and cuffed him.

"you're under...arrest." i huffed out to ghost head.

"That was my punishment?" i said and turned to Bradford.

"Yep. Plus I got to see if you could handle yourself, so it's really a two-fer." he said as he walked towards me, grabbing ghost head.

"When you're telling this story in lock up,you might want to leave out the part where you got your ass kicked by a girl." he said to ghost face as he put him in the back off the shop.