15

Before Kanato could move towards Rini, Ayato had showed up and pushed him out of the way. "Get out of here Kanato, Rini belongs to me." Ayato said annoyed

Kanato glared at his brother. "You don't get to say that about her anymore! You chose not to be around her for Yui! Why would you wait so long just to find her?!"

"I didn't wait for anything! Do you really think this entire time I haven't been trying to find her?!" Ayato growled out angered "I looked just about everywhere for her for a damn year! Hearing you talk about her cousin and his wife really irked me. I went to her room after you left and found the letter you found as well. Had I just gone to her room first this wouldn't have damn happened!"

"Why didn't you go into her room first?" Kanato taunted

"I was giving her space, I figured she was pissy about the half breeds around and about so many people wanting to protect pancake. I didn't know that she left out, had I known that I wouldn't have had to search all over the damn place for her."

Kanato was silent for a moment and sighed out. "You know...you aren't the only one that loves her. I love her too, I hate that she just sees me as a big brother to her. So much time and dedication to her when she was growing up with us is all gone just because she chose you over me."

"She didn't chose me, I forced her to be with me. I didn't want any of you thinking that you all could get to her. She's been the only constant in our lives, and she ain't flat chested either which is a complete bonus."

Kanato rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Is that all she is to you? A hot body with large tits and an ass without emotions or a will of it's own? A mere doll of sorts for your own entertainment? Even I know better than to treat her like badly. She isn't human, she doesn't deserve to be a stiff stuck up doll like that." Kanato said somberly

Hearing what Kanato said he glared at him "I don't treat her like a damn doll you moron!"

"It seems like you do, when was the last time when you two were together that you actually cared about what happened with her? That you actually listened to what she had to say to you and what she felt? Or has it only ever been how you felt and what mattered to you? she's suffered enough holding herself back...don't you think?" Kanato inquired

"What the fuck do you know that I don't?"Ayato asked angered that Kanato had been able to know so much about Rini, Rini never spoke to him about all of her problems and it always irked him that she never did. Even when it came to problems with her brother she still kept to herself as if she thought that he didn't care about her....which he did, more than he wanted to admit to himself about.

"Rini is now a queen, a queen who needs someone who'll be loyal to her and want to hear her out with her strives, worries and concerns. She'll need someone who'll be there for her. You can't give her that. You've only ever thought about yourself and what things can do for you. It's always 'yours truly this' or 'Yours truly that' It's fucking annoying to hear that all the damn time! and the last time Rini was around me she told me so. She hated how you treated her, she was happy to no longer be around you. You hadn't learnt your lesson and honestly I don't think even within the year she's been gone for that you've grown up even a little bit." Kanato said seriously with an annoyed tone glaring straight at him

Ayato scoffed and looked at where Rini was standing. "That dress...you made it didn't you" Ayato inquired, wanting the subject to go back on Rini...not himself. He didn't want to prove Kanato right by thinking more about himself then the woman in comatose in front of them.

"Indeed I did, it was a gift for her birthday the previous year. A late gift, but a gift nonetheless. I wanted her to wear it to her birthday this year-and the fact that all of us were uninvited to her birthday coronation should have been a big red flag for all of us. Especially knowing that to her-most of us were family to her. She should have wanted us there for her. But she made it so we didn't have to be there for her." Kanato stated as he walked up to Rini 

Kanato then placed a hand on her pale face softly "She grew her hair out once more, guess she didn't like how short she had her hair."

"That or something made her had to, I know how much she hates having long hair."Ayato said seriously

Kanato let out a sigh "Well at any rate, there has to be a way to figure out who'd be better for her."

Neither one of them said anything after that as they both looked around only for Ayato to see that Rini's hands were in an odd position. It was like she was hiding something within her hands, he forced her soft, small delicate hands to unclench themselves before he saw a folded up piece of paper within her hand.

"Kanato, Rini had something in her hands." Ayato said loudly

Kanato went up to him as Ayato unfolded the piece of paper. "Dearly beloveds if you have found me in this way it is because I have no one that I can trust enough to love me. Those whom I thought loved me loves another and places their mind and heart on that one person. I've shed tears of sadness and betrayal because of the lost of my one true family who I saw as family and those whom I sought out as loves to me. If any of those whom I speak of finds me in the comatose condition that I should be in for not marrying someone, then amongst yourselves you all must talk amongst yourselves to figure out who is best for me. I will never trust and love another willingly again. I thought that I could love Ayato-but he has shown that he cares more about his self image and the human that now lives amongst the place I once called home. He cannot and will not love me as I need to be loved. I thought I could give the half breed Ruki a chance as well. I thought maybe I just chose the wrong type of vampire, but I thought wrong. He too sought after the human girl. The others I lived with Shu, Reiji, Kanato, Laito and Subaru all see me as a mere little sister. When I've seen them as my big brothers yes-but I hoped at least one of them would try to break out of that zone to be around me. It was all for not, I cannot be without someone. Due to that I may end up dying. When I do only Ayato will feel it since he will die as well due to his previous oath to me broken but not erased."

"She spoke nothing of the other half breeds...does that mean she doesn't know how she feels about them?" Kanato asked confused

"That was just the one side, hold on. She obviously had a lot on her mind and knew she'd be in a comatose after being crowned." Ayato said as he flipped the paper around. "As for the other three half breeds-Kou, Yuma and Azusa. Yuma and Azusa never saw me as a person they could ever get close to. The two of them are cowards and are the worst males I've ever had the displeasure of being so. They made what I've dealt with previously with Ayato seem like child's play. They treated me way worse and I hope that they never find me in the position that I will ultimately go into. As for Kou, I know he cared for me but he let his fame of being an idol get the better of him. I can take care of myself-I know how to sing. If needed I could have been at his side. But he chose not to push through his doubts and worries. If by chance whomever finds me is not any that I have named off with this letter is the oath that you must say to get me to speak and breath once more. I have been told just because I am in a coma that I'll still be able to hear everything, so please be wry of that."

Ayato stiffened reading what he had aloud "Well fuck."

Kanato looked at Rini sadly "Rini...you shouldn't have uninvited us. silly girl."

"She wasn't the one that uninvited the lot of you." A male said from the door way

Both males looked to the doorway and glared. "Who the fuck are you?" They said in unison

"I'm Julian Sanchez, Julio's elder twin brother. And the person who had helped Queen Rini with her invitations. I am the reason none of you made an appearance nor did your father. After hearing from her what had happened with her I thought it was best for her not to have the lot of you around. Granted she never knew and would probably blow a casket if she found out. But the pathetic girl is a little statue now." Julian said with a smirk on his face 

"Why do I have a feeling you did that on purpose?" Ayato asked annoyed

"Because I did, she wanted to see if any of you vampires would have what it took. It's bad enough that my brother is with a damn siren. But for her to be with a vampire of all things? Tch, she's really gone low to think that any of you would be able to take good care of her."