Becoming A True Demon Slayer

A few weeks after Final Selection and Nezuko waking up, Shinsu and Nezuko got really close with each other, treating each other like sisters.

Shinsu hadn't told anyone until a few days after Final Selection that she had found Sabito's mask, dirty but perfectly intact.

Urokodaki cleaned the mask and gave it back to Shinsu, making her extremely happy, Tanjiro himself was happy that Shinsu was happy.

Shinsu and Tanjiro were eating some rice while waiting for their swords, Urokodaki was telling them about more of the Demon Slayer Corps and Nezuko was in the other room.

Urokodaki: the Swordsmith should be here soon with your swords.

Shinsu: great, I can't wait to see if my sword has the specifications I requested.

Tanjiro: they probably did, they probably don't get a lot of requests so they might even be excited for it.

Shinsu and Tanjiro soon finished eating and went outside to wait for their swords, eventually, they see a man with a straw woven hat that had wind chimes walking towards them, two boxes on his back.

Shinsu: hello! Are you the one who has our katanas?!

The man turned around and pointed at the sun.

Haganezuka: the Nichirin blade gets its power from the sun, the more sunlight it absorbs, the better it becomes against demons.

Shinsu: well, that does make sense, Demons weakness is sunlight so a sword that takes in sunlight would make sense.

Haganezuka turned around, he has a red mask that seemed to be whistling, he then pointed at Tanjiro.

Haganezuka: red hair, red eyes, red marking, all of it points to you being special, maybe you'll get a bright red Nichirin blade.

Haganezuka then pointed at Shinsu.

Haganezuka: and you, peach hair, lavender eyes, completely untouched skin despite what you've been through, you too are special, maybe you'll get a light purple Nichirin blade.

The group went inside, Haganezuka was clearly excited to see if Tanjiro got a bright red Nichirin blade and if Shinsu got a light purple Nichirin blade.

Shinsu: me first!

Shinsu tore the box open, she was glade to see that the requests she's made were allowed, the hand guard was circular and had a netted design and a light purple border.

Shinsu: okay, here we go.

Shinsu unsheathed the katana, the blade changed from a standard silver to a light purple in color, Haganezka and Shinsu looked down and were shaking.

Tanjiro: uh, are you two o-

Haganezka/Shinsu: YES!

Shinsu had a bright smile on her face and they couldn't tell what was on Haganezka's face but they could tell he was happy.

Haganezuka and Shinsu even bugged each other while celebrating, but they quickly pulled away after they realized how awkward they were being.

After their little celebration, Haganezka and Shinsu sat back down, Haganezka waited for Tanjiro to unsheathe his sword, which would turn black in color.

Haganezuka was shaking while looking down, Shinsu was busy admiring her sword with stars in her eyes.

Haganezuka: DAMMIT!

Haganezuka jumped on Tanjiro and began pulling at his face, Shinsu and Urokodaki were confused as to what had happened.

Tanjiro: ow! Ow! Ow! What did I do?!

Haganezuka: YOU RUINED IT! YOU DISAPPOINTMENT! YOU RUINED MY DAY WITH THIS!

Tanjiro: get off me! How old are you?!

Haganezuka: I'm 37!

Urokodaki and Shinsu had to pry Haganezuka off of Tanjiro, which made him stop but he was still clearly angry.

Tanjiro: is a black blade a bad thing? Is that why Mr. Haganezuka acted like that?

Urokodaki: a black blade is extremely rare.

Shinsu: that doesn't answer the question.

Urokodaki: it isn't a bad omen, it's just that every past Demon Slayer that had a black blade didn't last very long.

Shinsu: well, let's hope you don't go dying on us Tanjiro.

After some time, Haganezuka thankfully calmed down, he left with an air of disappointment around him.

Two crows flew towards the duo, one was completely normal looking while the other had a small red scarf.

Tanjiro: oh, our Kasugai crows, they must have our missions.

Shinsu: oh cool, mine has a scarf, I am going to name you Akaifu.

Matsuemon: WEST! HEAD WEST!

Akaifu: hey dude or dudet, whatever you prefer uh, head Northeast, there's a demon harassing a few farms that way, take your time if you want, but I suggest heading there as soon as possible.

Matsuemon: HEAD WEST! HEAD W-!

Matsuemon is cut off by Akaifu slapping him with his wing.

Akaifu: please quiet down, you're going to give everyone a headache, sorry about him, he likes to scream a lot.

Shinsu: alright, but first we need to get ready, can you give us a moment?

Akaifu: sure thing, we'll wait here.

Tanjiro went into his room, donning the Demon Slayer uniform, his checkered haori, and hanafuda earrings, also making sure Nezuko is in her box.

Shinsu went into her room, donning her Demon Slayer uniform, a green haori patterned with a geometric hexagon design of yellow and a darker green pattern, her crescent moon necklace, and both Sabito's and her fox masks on her hip.

Both stepped out, looking the part for true Demon Slayers, they both smiled at each other as they began to follow their crows.

Shinsu: hey, since we're going on different missions, I just want to make sure you and Nezuko are going to be okay.

Tanjiro: don't worry, I know what I'm doing, Nezuko will be safe from any and all harm that comes our way, as long as I'm there.

Shinsu: you know, you really are a good person Tanjiro, not many people would go as far as you have for anyone.

Tanjiro: thank you Shinsu, that's very sweet of you to say, you're a good person.

Shinsu: ha, that's a lie and a half, but thank you, do you think you can face this demon with Nezuko, you won't be having me by your side to save your red hair ass.

Tanjiro: I'm sure I'll be fine, thanks for worrying though.

Akaifu: alright dude and dudet, this is where we split off, good luck out there you three, and the god you believe in have mercy on your souls.

Akaifu began flying Northeast while Matsuemon began flying Westward.

Tanjiro: goodbye Shinsu, don't get lost again!

Shinsu: oh ha ha, you got it, take care of Nezuko!

Shinsu and Tanjiro waved goodbye to each other, ready to take on any demon who gets in their way.

Ending Scene

Shinsu and Tanjiro jumped into frame.

Tanjiro: well, now that we're real Demon Slayers, we're ready to take on any mission.

Shinsu: you got that right.

Tanjiro got very close with his finger up.

Tanjiro: now it's time for a Taisho Era secret, Akaifu and Matsuemon are actually brothers.

Shinsu: next time, Mount Natagumo.

To Be Continued