A Day with the Hashira

Shinobu was doing a checkup on Kaigaku, ensuring he hadn't sustained any injures in his most recent mission.

Shinobu: okay, I don't see any injuries on you or any internal injuries.

Kaigaku: like I said, I'm fine, I don't need you coddling me every time I get back from a mission.

Shinobu: ara ara~ why not? It's so much fun to do~

Kaigaku blushed and looked away, putting his haori and buttoning up his jacket, Shinobu simply chuckled as she watched him.

Kaigaku: you are gonna be the death of me Shinobu Kocho.

Shinobu looked up at Kaigaku with the same smile she always has, it was unsettling to him, he looked down at her.

Kaigaku: can you have a genuine smile once in a while? You're cute and all when you smile, but only when it's a real smile and not that fake one you put on.

Shinobu couldn't help but laugh as she had a small blush on her cheeks, her smile remained as she looked up at Kaigaku, a blush forming on his cheeks.

Shinobu: tell you what, I will give you my most genuine smile when I see your smile, I believe it would be a welcome sight.

Kaigaku: seems fair, anyway, Odoru and Kyojuro asked me if I could spar with them, so I have to head out, see you later.

Kaigaku kissed Shinobu's cheek and patted her head before heading out, after he did, she took a seat and covered her blushing face while she had a giddy smile on her face due to Kaigaku's affection.

Shinobu: he's a little rough around the edges, but he's sweet when he needs to be, oh Kaigaku, how I long to see your real smile~

Elsewhere

Tengen was reading a letter from his wives while Muichiro sparred with Shimo in front of him, Kaido to was there and watched the duo spar while he drank some tea, a stern look on his face.

Muichiro ducked under a thrusting attack from Shimo and leapt back from a a followed up kick, he took a deep breath as he focused on Shimo.

Muichiro: Total Concentration, Mist Breathing, Fourth Form, Shifting Flow Slash.

Muichiro takes a low stance before dashing towards Shimo and slashing at him with his training katana, though it was blocked as Shimo took a deep breath.

Shimo: Total Concentration, Frost Breathing, Fourth Form, Yeti Claw.

Shimo slashes both of his training katanas at the same time directed at Muichiro's shoulder, though he dodged and went for an attack of his own.

Muichiro: Total Concentration, Mist Breathing, First Form, Low Clouds, Distant Haze.

Muichiro performed a powerful thrust directed towards Shimo's throat, but it was blocked and parried as Shimo spoke.

Shimo: Total Concentration, Frost Breathing, First Form, Cool Front.

Shimo unleashed a multitude of slashes and stabs in Muichiro's direction, the older one of the two leapt back as he took a deep breath.

Muichiro: Total Concentration, Mist Breathing, Eight-Layered Mist.

Muichiro unleashes eight slashes in rapid succession directed towards Shimo, who responded with an attack of his own.

Shimo: Total Concentration, Frost Breathing, Seventh Form, Frostbite.

Shimo bolts towards Muichiro and rapidly slashed at him while spinning his two training katanas in his hands.