ch 1

----Pooja's POV----

College is hard in general. Buy having to go outside of the country to a school, I don't know.

I only applied to New York University, just because, I never thought I would get in.

Life's crazy! At first my parents were like, we don't want you going outside of India for school and now they're going around telling everyone I'm going to New York for school.

Desi parents, I will never understand them.

"Pooja, flight ka time ho gai hai!"My dad said.

"Acha, challa,"I said.

We got to the airport and we waited for the announcement to be made.

Once it was made we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

The flight took off and I decided to make conversation with the person next to me.

"Hi, so are you going to New York to visit?"I asked.

"No, no. I'm going to attending NYU,"she said.

"Same! I'm Pooja,"I said.

"Amaani,"she said.

We started talking for a bit, til we both dozed off.

I felt someone shake me awake.

"Lunch,"she said.

"Oh right,"I said.

We got our meals and started to eat. Ek yeh plane ka saffar both lama hotha hai.

After what felt like forever, and a switch of planes, we finally reached.

"So I guess I'll see you on campus,"she said.

"Definitely,"I said.

We switched numbers and decided to meet up on the first day of school.

I didn't have any relatives here, so my parents had gotten me an apartment. We came last year and signed the lease papers. The owner had told us that it would take a few months, which it did, but I got residency established in the mean time.

I walked in to the apartment, and began to put my stuff away after a bit.

If I'm going to be here for four years, I should really decorate this place.

Maybe even find some roommates. Now, that would make this adventure fun.

I guess I'm stuck waiting to see everything til the first day of school.

A/N----I know it's a short chapter, but it's just the start :) Pic of Pooja & Amaani on top.