6

-----Pooja's POV----

Only the second day and I'm pist off. Abh yeh kaha sai aagi.

"Hey, Pooja kasi hai yaar,"she said.

"Hi, Ameesha. I'm good,"I said.

"That's good. I didn't know you go here, I'll see you around,"she said and left.

God! I hated that girl! I thought coming here I would get rid of her, but nope.

"Hello, tumma class nahi jana kya?"Husna asked.

"Ya,"I said. "I'll see you in science."

''Okay, see you,"she said and we went our separate ways.

I literally couldn't pay attention in class, because I kept thinking about having to see her around on campus.

Thankfully, I had English next. I'll just talk to Arya about it.

I got to English class and sat with her.

"Where were you today?"She asked.

"Long story,"I said.

"We're doing a worksheet today, he said you can work with your partner so we can talk about your problem,"she said.

"Okay,"I said.

We got to work on the worksheet and finished it fast, because we are amazing at English.

"Toh bolo kya hua,"she said.

"I ran into this girl today. She grew up with me back in India. I hated her ever since. She always had to one up me,"I said. "If I got an A on a test, she got an A+, if I got a new anything, she'd get the better version of it. My parents always compared me to her. The thing was they didn't know the real her."

"Yeh Desi Parents ka kam hai, they always compare,"she said.

We pretend to be writing something as the professor walked by and changed the topic to make it look like we were working on it still.

Once he left we carried on our conversation.

"Arya, really yaar?"I asked.

"Ya, that's really the answer,"she said.

"No, I meant, did you really not her me say that they didn't know the real her?"I asked.

"Oh, Acha tell me,"she said.

"Okay, so she was something else in front of parents. At school, or whenever she was out she would be around boys and she would wear inappropriate clothes. But in front of parents, the duppta never left her head. She was always well dressed and spoke polite. It was the only time I ever wanted to punch someone in the face for being polite."

"So she was a fake?"She questioned.

"So fake, barbie would be jealous,"I said.

"Wow,"she said. "If you don't mind me asking, did you come to New York to get rid of her?"

"Kind of. I had another reason as well, with time you might find that out, but for now just think that's the only reason,"I said.

"Par woh yaha kassa?"She questioned.

"I asked myself that as well, but now I think that I know. She needs to be one step above me. If she stayed there and I went abroad, she'd fall below. Here she can keep an eye on me and make sure I don't do well than her,"I said.

"Yaar hudh hothi ha,"she said.

"Are you two done?"Our professor asked.

"Yeah, we are,"I said, giving him our papers.

He took them and left.

"She doesn't know limits, she'll cross whatever limit to make sure I stay below,"I said.

"Tumha pattha hai, when my mom was pregnant I was so excited that I'll finally have a younger sibling. Both me and Ameesha were only childs in our family. I was thinking I finally will have something that she doesn't. I was wrong. Woh larki pagal hai. She pushed my mom over something, I can't remember because we were like five or six years old. But anyways, mom tripped and fell real hard. Assa hi, she had miscarriage. They didn't even blame her, because 'how could a little girl be at fault.' It pissed me off. She took away the only chance of me having a sibling. For a bit, I hated people that had siblings. I was also mad at God, because of the fact that he kept my sibling instead of letting me see or play with them,"I said.

I stopped for a second.

"But then my parents told me, it's not good to be mad, espically at a young age. So I pretended to be okay with things, but to this day I still have a problem with Ameesha,"I said.

The professor said class was over and we got our things.

"Arya, please don't tell anyone,"I said.

"I won't,"she said. "Some secrets are meant to be kept."

If you only knew how true that was. So true, some secrets are meant to be kept.

-----A/N-----Ameesha pic on top :)