Chapter 1: Second Chances PT: 1

"Alright, all the paperwork has been filed and the background check came back."
Saul the landlord says as he handed me my apartment key.
"Remember, I already have to deal with the tweekers and other shit birds in this place so don't give me any more problems or you're gonna be back out on your ass!"

I simply nodded and smiled before taking the key.
"Thank you sir. I'll try my best to keep things quiet and to myself."

Saul was owner and landlord to several buildings within the projects of Gotham. He was an older guy who was a bit on the heavy side, beady eyes with square lense glasses, wore the most God awful Hawaiian Shirts, and walked around like he constantly had to take a shit. But as someone just living in Gotham, he could be a hell of a lot worse. I had managed to finally save up enough money the last couple of years so that I could actually have a place of my own when I had gotten back to Gotham rather than stay in the shelter.

On top of that I had actually managed to get a job at an Auto Body Shop on Miagani Island just over the bridge. The apartment that I lived in wasn't the Ritz, but I had a pretty good view of the Skyline and the bridge itself. However this place could still use a visit from the exterminator and Carpenter. It felt like with every step that I took the squeaking floorboards would cave in any second and it wasn't because of termites or anything like that surprisingly but just that the building itself was that old. When I ventured into the kitchen I saw a tiny cockroach crawling around the drain in the sink. Naturally I turned the water on and drowned it before it could make an escape.

After the first few hours of being in my new apartment I had finally gotten everything where I wanted it. I didn't put my TV in gaming system in my room just so that way I had an excuse to actually use my living room and not be one of those people that lives out of their bedroom. Also since it was still the weekend, I had some time to kill before I started work Monday morning. So I decided to finally get into watching and Anime that is popping the fuck off right now, and that would be Jujutsu Kaisen. It was interesting to see that rather than just be your ordinary protagonist who never gives up and wants to protect everyone, Itadori wanted to help people find a proper death on some 300 and Leonidas shit.

I managed to get to the episode where Gojo pops up at the exchange event and was like;
"Surprise, he's not dead after all!"
On another note I couldn't help but think of Gojo as the crossbreed between Daredevil from Season one of the Netflix series and Kakashi from Naruto just in appearance alone.

As the sun had begun to set I started to get hungry so I decided to step out for a few to go get some Chinese Food. When I stepped out the front door I was immediately hit with a wave of the smog of the city. The scent of exhaust wafting through the air as sirens echoed off in the distance. The usual even traffic filled with people honking at one another as they flipped the bird and cursed to the person in front or behind them. On my way back I had my General Tsao's with Egg rolls and rice with Duck Sauce in hand when someone had walked up behind me and pressed a knife to my back.
"Give me everything you got kid, now!!!"
He barked as I turned around.
"Don't fucking move!!"

"First of all I'm not a kid, I'm 32 years old. Second of all had you simply asked for a bit of cash I would have been more than willing to just give you whatever I had in my wallet."
He tried to swing at me with his knife and somehow I was able to catch his arm and stop him.
My food got stepped on in the process as we struggled against one another. After a couple minutes of him punching me in the liver and trying to push the tip of his blade into my face I had enough. I went in for a headbutt and smashed his nose before wrapping my arms around his waist, picked him up and slammed his ass into the ground. But in the midst of me doing so I hadn't noticed the sharp pain in my side until I stopped to realize the fucker just stabbed me. It didn't look to deep but I was still leaking like a mother fucker.
"And thirdly...."
I huffed as I went into my wallet and shoved a fifty the the guys pocket. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes as I slumped against the wall.
"You can eat a dick."