Chapter 22: Snakes in the Grass PT: 3

By the time we had entered the city and rode through Little China, Batman and I had posted up on the rooftop across and down the street from the Clock Tower.
"There's no movement from what I can see, even on thermals unless they can turn invisible now."

Batman then looked to me.
"Never underestimate who you're up against, let's go."
He said before firing out his grapple and me following suit.

I had briefly looked around once we got inside while Batman took his time to make sure that there wasn't any traps waiting for us.
"Wouldn't we have found explosives on thermals?"
I asked him.

"Different explosives give off different signatures. You won't always be able to tell by looking through thermals. Sometimes things can be hidden so well that you won't know that they are there until it is too late."
Once he had confirmed for himself that we were in the clear we proceeded to make our way up to the top.

We also said fuck taking the stairs because that would have been a waste of time so we grappled our way up to the top until we came to a small set of stairs that led up to a wide metal door. Surprisingly it wasn't too heavy to move but when we opened it we saw based off of the look of things that they had been here for more than just a few days. A couple multi monitor set ups on either side of the room, hammocks over in the corner opposite of one another, spent ration packages, and a 70 in monitor on the wall opposite of the clock's hands that displayed a similar set up as the one that Batman had shown me of all the women and their known or past known associates.

But instead it had shown people of interest, and their main target.
"Larissa.."
I muttered as Batman began trying to hack into their systems.
"How long is that going to take you?"
I asked.

"I'm going to upload this information to GCPD. Some of these people that they have on their list are politicians and part of the City Council. Board members of other companies who function out of Gotham that regularly do business with other companies overseas."
He replied as he kept hammering away at the keys.

"Just please try to hurry it up."
I said before walking around to keep a look out. I was half tempted for a moment to ask him a serious question, in his own words how did he feel as he watched his parents get shot in front of him as a child? But then I decided against it because it not only might be a bit too personal but because for all I know the people that were up against might have their own hideout rigged with some kind of spyware. Immediately after I thought of that I realized that if that was the case then they might have had explosives at the ready to detonate from a distance.
"How often do you think Bruce Wayne even checks in on his little side projects?"

"As often as he can."
Batman replied.
"He is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company after all, so of course he's a busy man."
He then punched a few more keys before turning to look at me.
"There, let's go check in and see how the others are doing."

Once we had made it back to the apartment we had seen that everyone had finished getting ready. But instead of just sitting around waiting for something to happen after getting geared up, they seem to be more like they were upset. So I decided to give them a call.
"Harley what's going on?"
I asked her.

"She's gone Mista D, Larissa just up and left outta nowhere!"
She exclaimed, Batman could clearly understand what was going on.
"Where are you?"
She asked.

"I'm out with Batman trying to find Black Mamba and Diamond Back before they try to take Larissa or hurt anyone else that I care about."
I said.

"Where are you Bumgorf? Tell us and we shall hunt them down together!"
Komand'r said with a worried tone in her voice.

Batman looked at me with his signature scowl and shook his head. As much as I could understand it from his point of view, I wasn't about to be on the same bullshit as him.
"On your left."
I say as she looked out the window and saw me waving.
"Fuck you looking at me like that for?"