Chapter 20: Snakes in the Grass PT: 1

All was going swimmingly, between me living most men's dreams to getting a raise stacked on top of a bonus as well as a fat ass tip all in the same day, I had to say that I felt like I was the luckiest man alive. I felt so damn good that I didn't even care that I was so tired after Komand'r had drained my well dry. But when I had noticed that something seemed off about Larissa I decided to see what was up.

In Spanish:
"Hey, what's going on?"
I asked as she gave me a half hearted shrug.

"Just thinking, not doing much beyond that."
She replied as I sat down next to her with a fat blunt.

"Care to partake? This is the last of my weed until the day after tomorrow and the others aren't going to be back for awhile."
Larissa smirked at the last part.

"Am I to be next on the list of those you have yet to fuck?"
She asked as she briefly flashed her fangs.

"Haha, maybe one of these days. But right now I can tell something is on your mind that you don't want to talk about at the moment. So I thought I'd help try and take your mind off of whatever that is, if only for a little while."
I lit up and took a couple of long hits before passing the blunt off to her.

"Thanks Damien."
She sayssss before taking a long hit herself.

"No problemo."
I smiled.
"Is there something else that you would like to talk about?"

"Yeah."
She said before passing the blunt back to me.
"Where's one of the places people like to go here in Gotham?"

I had to take a moment to think.
"Well there's Monarch Theater where they play classic's like The Mark of Zoro as well as black and white films like Casablanca. There's a couple of bars and clubs that are pretty popular. Even though it's not for another 10 months there's a huge fireworks display that you can see from the cliffs overlooking the islands."

"Fireworks huh?"
She asked.

"Yeah, some of the people who fire them off go and buy them from out of state because the one's that get imported here aren't as big or flashy as the ones you can see from the cliff side. Though there are some you can buy under the table if you got the scratch."
I took a couple of hits before handing the blunt back to her.
"Are they illegal but worth it? You can bet your ass they are!"

Larissa smirked before taking her hits and handing the blunt back to me.
"Where can we get them?"

"I know when I was a kid there was this guy who would sell them to anyone among other things out of the trunk of his car down at the Pier 69 on the South side."
I couldn't help but smile when I thought about it.
"I remember one time Jason had stolen some of his uncle's drug money. Dude was tweeking out thinking that he dropped his his cash somewhere he was so out of it. We went to buy some fireworks the second to last fourth of July and when the day finally came we had to run like hell when we set them off."

"The fuck did you do?!"
She exclaimed as I gave her an evil laugh.

"Hehehehaha!! We set that shit up on the trunk of a police cruiser in the blind spot where the cams couldn't see us while the cops had stopped to get some food. But you see these weren't just any cops, they just so happened to be a pair of badges that was working the neighborhood over and having more than one assault charge filed against them."
Larissa had smiled just as evily as I.

"I knew that you probably weren't a choir boy, but that's some shit that I never had you pegged for."
I notched an eyebrow and gave her a what the fuck kind of look.

"And here I thought you knew by now that I had an affinity for getting in over my head and doing some stupid shit."
I say passing the blunt back to her.