Chapter 3: Second Chances PT: 3

"Not so fast Ivy, we need to talk

"Not so fast Ivy, we need to talk."
Batman scowled as he walked towards us.

Ivy got ready to fight as Batman did the same. But I stepped in between them and held out my hands.
"I think we have bigger problems right now so let's save whatever shit you got between the two of you for later until after we've dealt with the Joker and get Harley back alright?!"

The two of them took a moment to think before standing down.
"That's actually why I'm here."
Batman said.
"Joker has been working with someone on a secret project called Cloudburst. It's a dispersal device that was developed by Stagg Industries and was originally intended to be used as a means to rapidly cure diseases when loaded with a cure."

"I'm guessing that Stagg didn't help him willingly."
I muttered as Batman shook his head.

"He did, but was promised to be rewarded with something from Joker in return. Joker himself plans to load his newest strain of Joker Toxin into it and use it on Gotham."
Batman then turns to Ivy.
"I need your help Ivy, I know your plants have the capability to combat even the worst of poisons and neurotoxins."

"Fine I'll help, but only because of Harley."
Ivy said.

"Then what are we standing around for let's get going."
Batman immediately shot me a glare.

"You're not coming."
He said.

"You're not my boss, I'm going."
I argued.

"You have no history of fighting unless it was in self defense, you just got out of the hospital, and you haven't the slightest clue who your talking about going up against. You can't even properly defend yourself against a knife."
At this point he and I were standing nose to nose.

"From what I've heard you had your back broken once upon a time and yet you still had the spine to get back up. How does a stab wound and a gunshot compare to that?!"
I shot back as he didn't even blink.

"He has a point."
Ivy cut in as we turned to her.
"You don't even know her. You haven't even known her for a weekend and yet you're saying that you want to go up against Joker with a crow bar, why?"

I sighed when she asked me this.
"Because I made a promise to myself that whenever someone needed help with anything, if it was within my power to help them I would do so and be to them who no one was for me when no one ever came to my rescue when I needed help the most."
I said to her as I turned back to Batman.
"I'm no hero, not like you and not even in general. But I'm not going to abandon her when she needs help. Yeah I could die tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month, hell even next year and so could any of us. So just tie me up or knock me out because the only other way that you're going to stop me from going is if you kill me."

The three of us stood in silence for a moment as the two of them stood taken back or in contemplation.
"Your intentions are admirable and believe me when I say that we'll get Harley back and save Gotham..."
Before I knew what was going on he grabbed me by the arm and shit whipped me into the ground before plunging a needle into my neck.